1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

One reason why this was a "Bad Win"

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CowboysFanSince88, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Teague31

Teague31 Defender of the Star

6,386 Messages
    645 Likes Received
    All you need to do is listen to Jerry's post game comments to know why this was a bad win.
  2. yimyammer

yimyammer Well-Known Member

5,046 Messages
    394 Likes Received
    I'd be a very rich man in a few weeks if I absolutely "knew" that
  3. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,723 Messages
    9,975 Likes Received
    I don't think that way. That a lackluster performance means you'll lose the next week if the opponent is better and just played a good game. I think things are so up and down in the league that you can't make that kind of assumption.

I actually like this team not having anything to brag about heading into this game.
  4. CowboysFanSince88

CowboysFanSince88 Well-Known Member

4,459 Messages
    194 Likes Received

I would bet someone my December Rent we get smoked in Cincy lol
  5. CowboysFanSince88

4,459 Messages
    194 Likes Received

I just want to see a convincing win at home for once.
  6. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,920 Messages
    1,375 Likes Received
    I don't believe in bad wins so there is simply no point that could be made in this discussion that would even be worth reading.
  7. Boyzmamacita

Boyzmamacita The Ultimate Cowbabe Zone Supporter

14,505 Messages
    1,713 Likes Received
    That's exactly how I feel too. Today's performance should keep them from feeling complacent, although there's no reason for complacency to set in.
  8. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,723 Messages
    9,975 Likes Received
    We all do. Hopefully that's coming on Thursday.
  9. CowboysFanSince88

4,459 Messages
    194 Likes Received

What did he say?
  10. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

9,850 Messages
    1,840 Likes Received

Who thought this...who ever thought and / or said is mistaken, you never expect to blow out any team.
    win easily or control the game, yes....but the Cowboys have not shown they can do that since week 1.
  11. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,920 Messages
    1,375 Likes Received
    That would be fantastic if they're able to put together a really nice, convincing, home win against the Skins.

Unfortunately the Skins always seem to play us very very tough, no matter how well we're playing, so I imagine the game is going to be a nail biter and a dog fight as always.
  12. Teague31

Teague31 Defender of the Star

6,386 Messages
    645 Likes Received
    That he was happy with the play of the OL
  13. Red Dragon

Red Dragon Well-Known Member

4,336 Messages
    840 Likes Received
    Regardless of whether you think this is a "good win" or "bad win," I think we'd all agree that being 5-5 is far better than being 4-6.
  14. dcowboysfan76

dcowboysfan76 Well-Known Member

1,037 Messages
    72 Likes Received
    I don't because they will probably start eating the cheese. I like the cardiac Cowboys right now because they are learning how to win close games which imo will make them a better team in the long run
  15. CowboysFanSince88

4,459 Messages
    194 Likes Received

Yes it is but thinking about the next game just makes me feel that it shouldn't have come down to a OT win. But we will see what happens
  16. Blackspider214

Blackspider214 Well-Known Member

2,697 Messages
    1,008 Likes Received
    This isn't the NCAA where it is basically a figure skating event with style points and each win is subjective in the eyes of voters and computers. There are no bad wins in the NFL at all. You win and move on. Would you have rather lose this game? This win still keeps our season alive. Take it and move on.

We are not a great team at all. Great teams beat the teams they are supposed to be with no problem. We play to our competition, which is not the sign of a good team.
  17. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,270 Messages
    1,460 Likes Received
    We have to worry about more than just complacency, this team simply can't even execute properly. It has nothing to do with complacency IMO. They aren't good enough on offense to even sniff complacency.

Last year we were barely squeaking by teams like Washington and Miami and then it caught up to us against a sad team like Arizona. Eventually, when you play that bad on offense, it catches up with you.

The Redskins are a desperate team who still have a chance at the playoffs and will come here ready to beat us.
  18. AdamJT13

AdamJT13 Salary Cap Analyst

15,070 Messages
    661 Likes Received
    This is silly. "Great" teams sometimes lose games they aren't supposed to lose, and they sometimes barely win games they should win more easily. What makes them great is that they find a way to win most of the time.

Anyway, nobody is claiming that we're "great," but if barely winning games against weaker teams automatically means you're not a good team, then the NFL has a remarkable absence of good teams.
  19. kojak

kojak Who Loves Ya Baby?

2,311 Messages
    62 Likes Received
    So a 4-5 team playing a 2-7 team is supposed to blow them out? And what have the cowboys shown you this year that would make you believe that they would just "blow them out"?

I just don't see why some people can't be happy with a win.
  20. yimyammer

yimyammer Well-Known Member

5,046 Messages
    394 Likes Received
    gotta say, I'll be stunned if we blow out the skins Thursday, the skins just seem really energized by RG3 and I cant see our O generating near enough points to blow them out and that damn rookie doesn't turn the ball over...seems like another dog fight to me