1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Opinion between Aaron Donald and Jernigan

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by garyv, Mar 17, 2014.

1. DuDa

DuDa Active Member

480 Messages
    235 Likes Received
    Your opinion.
  2. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

2,463 Messages
    621 Likes Received
    Comparing their stats will of course favor Donald. He played an up the field 3-tech at Pitt who was asked to get into the backfield every down, Jernigan played Nose at FSU.
  3. TheFinisher

2,463 Messages
    621 Likes Received
    Sure, as well as everyone else who's familiar with him.
  4. DuDa

DuDa Active Member

480 Messages
    235 Likes Received
    Really? Give me one scouting report where it has Jernigan described as a "high motor" player. You don't recall people talking about him taking plays off and taking himself out of games because he was tired? Go watch all of his 2013 games like I have and then honestly tell me he doesn't coast a lot during games.
  5. TheFinisher

2,463 Messages
    621 Likes Received
    http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/3/14/5465948/timmy-jernigan-2014-nfl-draft-scouting-report

There's one and I really don't have the time to go searching through to find scouting reports, especially when it's in regards to something so obvious as to him giving great effort.
  6. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

24,638 Messages
    4,904 Likes Received
    Jernigan's conditioning continues to bother me.

It bothered me in the national championship game. I realize that was blamed on the flu or something.

The additional concern is that he also was "winded" in his Pro Day workout according to Brandt.

If I am going to spend a top choice on a 1-technique, his conditioning better not be an issue.

I do not want to see Nick Hayden on the field any more than we have to. If Jernigan is the nose, he needs to be out there on all three downs if needed.
  7. Alexander

24,638 Messages
    4,904 Likes Received
  8. DoctorChicken

DoctorChicken Well-Known Member

851 Messages
    885 Likes Received
    All you have to do is watch him play.

He takes plays off, generates like zero pressure, and can't get off a block to save his life.
    DuDa likes this.
  9. DuDa

DuDa Active Member

480 Messages
    235 Likes Received
    Thank you, somebody that actually watches the players instead of just listening to the "experts" and assuming.
  10. Alexander

24,638 Messages
    4,904 Likes Received
    Gives me a massive Spears flashback.
    DuDa likes this.
  11. DuDa

DuDa Active Member

480 Messages
    235 Likes Received
    I was thinking the same thing. Strong but not a bull, good athlete but not explosive, coasts or disappears for long stretches.
  12. locked&loaded

locked&loaded its redskin season

2,802 Messages
    59 Likes Received
    If the team thinks that melton fills the niche Donald would fill, I would not have us go after Jernigan. Im starting to think Tuitt is the answer for our dline. He has athleticism and can play over 300, or as low as even 285. He is as big as Hageman, but more athletic. Could be moved around every play.
  13. Alexander

24,638 Messages
    4,904 Likes Received
    Tuitt is an intriguing player. He also seemed a little out of shape this past season. I think he easily slips out of the first and could be right there in the second.
  14. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,514 Messages
    2,102 Likes Received
    if the team feels these are true then you dont touch the guy at 16
  15. Alexander

24,638 Messages
    4,904 Likes Received
    I absolutely agree. I would bring him in for a workout and if he gets winded then, off my board entirely.
  16. ViperDT9

ViperDT9 New Member

12 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    to have melton and Donald wow that would be an outstanding pass rush up the middle.
    waving monkey likes this.
  17. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,926 Messages
    2,154 Likes Received
    Don't think they would normally play at the same time though.
    But yes, at least on paper, the DT3 iwould look locked up for years to come.
  18. ViperDT9

ViperDT9 New Member

12 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    no you definitely can run a 33 if you have both crashing the A gap..... its actually pretty deadly too. lol
  19. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

16,347 Messages
    2,162 Likes Received
    That would be more like an 11 and that is the type of stuff Missouri was doing with Ealy.
  20. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

12,384 Messages
    4,945 Likes Received
    If they were on the field together in the nickel and alternated at the 3 on base downs, they would each get about 67% of the snaps.