1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Opinion: Hillary would work to defeat Obama...

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by trickblue, Mar 20, 2008.

1. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,858 Messages
    320 Likes Received
    If Obama does get the nomination, I think the Clinton Machine would work behind the scenes to defeat him...

At McCain's age, he could very likely be a one-term president if he were to win. She could then again run in 2012 against the next GOP nominee. If Obama wins, he would stand a good chance at re-election since normally presidents win two terms if they run. This would put her at almost 70 if she were to run in 2016.

They'll work closely to make sure any negatives that come out not be attributed to the McCain campaign, allowing him to denounce any negatives. This would make him look even better in the eyes of voters while the negatives get out there.
  2. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

8,926 Messages
    211 Likes Received
  3. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

24,034 Messages
    767 Likes Received

I think that she wants IN to the White House by any means necessary.
    Barack chooses her for VP to secure Presidential win.
  4. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Of Course she would. She did that with Kerry. She wanted a run with no sitting president. That's why she didn't run last time.

No one is shocked by this are they????
  5. arglebargle

arglebargle Well-Known Member

5,036 Messages
    144 Likes Received
    I don't think this is something she could do, and risk getting caught at. If such a thing were to become public knowledge, I think she would get hammered and Obama would be a sho in as candidate in 2012. Not saying she wouldn't do it, just that it is a very dangerous tactic.

Once the pin is pulled Mr. Grenade is no longer your friend....
  6. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,246 Messages
    2,994 Likes Received
    I agree. Working to help defeat Obama would be political suicide and the Dem party would turn against her strongly and her political career would be over. I also do not see her joining the Obama ticket, I think had she been defeated in Ohio and Texas and dropped out of the race then that could have worked but now with things getting a lot nastier I don't see either one running as the others VP.
  7. REDVOLUTION

24,034 Messages
    767 Likes Received
    Yeah the parties generally stick together when one loses. So I agree.

As far as Barak and Hillary on same ticket. Why not? Its STILL historical and win-win for both.

Agree to disagree on that one.... but we will see.
  8. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,246 Messages
    2,994 Likes Received
    Because as nasty as it is getting I think it would hurt the ticket not help it. You slam Obama today and praise him the next? I think independents would see through all of that. Had Hillary gotten out earlier then yes I think it would have happened but now? I don't think it will
  9. REDVOLUTION

24,034 Messages
    767 Likes Received

Fair enough...

but we will continue to disagree.

The way things are nowadays... they will show they world how they forgive and forget and unite with each other and all this slinging will be forgotten. Because they are Dems they will be applauded for it in the media... it will actually help them. Its a pretty common theme in the world today.

I could see it now "myself and Hillary and going to create the dream ticket because you people deserve it".... we are not like George Bush... a president who divided the people... blah blah blah...

come on... you know.... you could see that ;)
  10. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,775 Messages
    2,494 Likes Received
    Interesting conspiracy theory.
  11. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,220 Messages
    1,267 Likes Received
    and barak is one president who dies under a cloud of suspecion in office and hillary only says it must be her staff cause she'd never do that.
  12. REDVOLUTION

24,034 Messages
    767 Likes Received
    LOL yeah I thought of that

but she could actually secure the White House longer - 2 terms as VP and then 2 terms as President.
  13. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,945 Messages
    1,015 Likes Received
    There's almost zero chance that she wins the Dem nomination, so that's essentially what she's doing right now.
  14. Jordan55

Jordan55 Active Member

1,176 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Mathematically, it's not possible for her, although with his current situation
    (Can We all say AMEN!!) and his declining poll numbers, anything could be possible at the convention.
    Get your popcorn ready!!!:umm:
  15. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

8,926 Messages
    211 Likes Received
  16. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,945 Messages
    1,015 Likes Received