1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Oregon man recovers stolen bike after sting operation

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by JBond, Aug 17, 2012.

1. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,726 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    Very creative... I deplore thieves.

2. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

11,138 Messages
    1,396 Likes Received
    Me too, .. I think you should be able to leave a $100 dollar bill on the dash of your car, with the windows open, ... and it would be there when you got back.

They cut off hands in other countries.
  3. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    This story sounds eerily familiar...

[IMG]

That damned Frances.
  4. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,619 Messages
    408 Likes Received
    I would like to think we are more civilized than Saudi Arabia and countries like that where you can be stoned for adultery.

As for the bike being stolen, that is atrocious but wth, he went on a date with a bike?
  5. WV Cowboy

11,138 Messages
    1,396 Likes Received
    I don't think he has a car, besides, nothing wrong with going on a date on a bike.

Adultery is not a crime. It's a sin, but not against the law. So we don't punish that. Usually the consequences of adultery is enough punishment.

We are more civilized than stoning I'm sure, .. but cut a few hands off and stone a few thieves and voila, crime rate goes down.

:laugh2:
  6. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,895 Messages
    1,492 Likes Received
    It is always good to see a thief get caught and stolen items returned, but the bike owner sounds kind of like a dillweed.
  7. WV Cowboy

11,138 Messages
    1,396 Likes Received
    Guess the date didn't go too well then. :laugh2:
  8. CanadianCowboysFan

15,619 Messages
    408 Likes Received
    hard to well you know if you don't have a backseat

re second bold you mean like how murder rate goes down when there is capital punishment? just saying
  9. SaltwaterServr

SaltwaterServr Blank Paper Offends Me

8,124 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  10. CanadianCowboysFan

15,619 Messages
    408 Likes Received
  11. SaltwaterServr

8,124 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Amazing, an anti-death penalty site distorting points to make their case. Truly amazing.

Compared to an independently written article citing multiple independent studies that includes a study by an anti-capital punishment researcher who found that it does indeed deter crime.

Nice try, but a swing a miss on your attempt at rebuttal.
  12. CanadianCowboysFan

15,619 Messages
    408 Likes Received
    Everyone has biases, I am sure the writers of your article wanted to show what they showed.

In the end, unless you can show those numbers in the link I posted are wrong, it matters not where they were obtained.
  13. SaltwaterServr

8,124 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    So you didn't even read it? They simply cited that the death penalty cuts the murder rate where it is implemented. Moreover, they cited that multiple case studies proved it.

Your chosen site for rebuttal ignores untold numbers of factors to make erroneous statements as empty as "states with bear patrols in urban areas have a higher rate of bear attacks as compared to states that do not." Utter nonsense, in either case, and proves you absolutely wrong.
  14. CanadianCowboysFan

15,619 Messages
    408 Likes Received
    Oh I read it.

You still cannot deny that rates are lower in states where there is no penalty as compared to where there is one.

You can say oh what about other factors, when I could easily respond the same, sure they implimented the penalty in X state but did they also bring in other social programs which might have curbed it.
  15. CanadianCowboysFan

15,619 Messages
    408 Likes Received
  16. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
  17. SaltwaterServr

8,124 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    My article pretty much shoots your credibility full of holes and plainly implies that if those states did implement the death penalty then those states' murder rates would invariably decline.

Texas's lack of a polar bear patrol is still entirely more effective at preventing attacks than any in the north, as you've implied as the truth in the matter. :lmao2:

Amazing, the ACLU saying that the death penalty doesn't deter crime. Whodathunkit?

Again, as opposed to my article which cites an opponent of the practice finding exactly the opposite.
  18. Vtwin

Vtwin Power and Performance

1,959 Messages
    110 Likes Received
    My first date with my now wife was a bike ride. We have a common interestin Mt biking.
  19. CanadianCowboysFan

15,619 Messages
    408 Likes Received
    obviously your first date didn't end up in the back seat :D
  20. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    You really like this downward comparison, don't ya.

I've seen ya drop it a couple times now.