1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Osi Umenyiora available for 3rd Rounder?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by TheCount, Apr 25, 2012.

1. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,270 Messages
    1,217 Likes Received
    Word on the street is that the Giants might consider trading Osi for a 3rd rounder. Interested or not interested?

I don't know that he's the strong side guy we're after, and he's 30, and he's been injured. But he's also a proven pass rusher, and our 3rd round pick is one of the lower ones we get because of the rotating teams who all had the same record.

I dunno, I might be interested if he's healthy. He's probably got a good 3 - 4 years left.

My main concern is that he'd be learning a new position, not something you really want to do at 30. Plus Spencer is guaranteed 9mil this year, so where are we gonna find the money to extend him anyway.
  2. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,643 Messages
    1,479 Likes Received
    He probably worth it but no. Not 3rd or higher.
  3. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

18,128 Messages
    1,824 Likes Received
    I am absolutely in for that price!

Platoon him with Spencer for this season - run downs - passing downs and give him the job full-time next year or use a draft pick on running downs and keep Osi fresh for pass rush.
  4. dallasfaniac

dallasfaniac Active Member

4,196 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think I would do this, we could always recoup the 3rd by moving around in the draft.
  5. ABQcowboyJR

ABQcowboyJR Well-Known Member

2,926 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    I don't think they would trade him within the division
  6. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,508 Messages
    348 Likes Received
    No thanks, thats a waste of a 3rd. Never played OLB in a 3-4. Never had to cover. Just a one type 4-3 DE, pass rusher only. WHo can't stay healthy an entire season and wants a new big money contract.

No thanks.