1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

OT - Fantasy keepers, opinions needed

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Zone' started by Nav22, Aug 16, 2006.

1. Nav22

Nav22 Well-Known Member

5,339 Messages
    930 Likes Received
    So today is the last day for me to pick my fantasy keepers, and I need a few unbiased opinions...

It's a 10 team league, and each team has to keep at least 3 players and no more than 5.

If you keep 4 players, you lose your 1st pick in the fantasy draft. If you keep 5 players, you lose your 1st and 2nd picks.

I have the 7th pick in the draft, and the draft does not snake.

My roster includes...

Shaun Alexander, Julius Jones, Chester Taylor, Torry Holt, and Santana Moss.

Alexander and Holt, I'm keeping for sure.

But I'm having trouble with Moss, Jones, and Taylor. Which of them should I keep? All of them?
  2. dargonking999

dargonking999 DKRandom

11,806 Messages
    172 Likes Received
    lol, i wouldnt keep Alexander i have zero faith in him. 18 TD's vs the NFC west and the houston Texans. those teams are getting better.

Holt, Moss, Jones
  3. CrazyMonster

CrazyMonster Member

486 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Just keep 3. None of the others would be worth that pick lost.

Alex, Holt & Taylor.
  4. Verdict

Verdict Well-Known Member

3,408 Messages
    155 Likes Received

Generally running backs are at a premium in most leagues and they tend to get injured. My advice would be keep only three, as I agree with one of the other posters that keeping the additional one or two players is not worth the loss of the pick(s). I think if I was your GM I would definitely keep Alexander. That one is a no brainer in my mind. You could make a case for any of the others, but I would keep Julius Jones and Chester Taylor as well. If some teams keep 5 players, there will be little to no depth at running back when your draft starts.
  5. EastDallasCowboy

EastDallasCowboy New Member

940 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Go with Taylor, Holt, and Alexander imo.