1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

OT: Julius at Jags or Chester Taylor at Skins?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Zone' started by Nav22, Sep 5, 2006.

1. Nav22

Nav22 Well-Known Member

5,240 Messages
    740 Likes Received
    Who gets the nod in fantasy for week 1?

I'm slightly leaning towards Taylor right now for a few reasons...

1) Washington allowed 15 rush TDs last year. Jacksonville allowed 4.

2) Washington allowed a 4.1 rush average last year. Jacksonville allowed a 3.9 average.

3) Jason Witten is my starting TE.

So what do you think, fellas? Our boy Julius or "Treasure" Chester?

By the way, my other starting RB is Shaun Alexander at Detroit. He's a lock, obviously.
  2. stealth

stealth Benched

4,882 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    anyone but julius
  3. Gfunk

Gfunk New Member

291 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    we got the better run D, but dear God, never start Julius in any league
  4. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,432 Messages
    387 Likes Received
    Jewels will split time with Barber.

Not only that but the Jags front four are off the hook at Defensive Line. So, we will have our hands full running the ball this week.

Start Taylor he is the primary back.
  5. DIAF

DIAF DivaLover159

4,010 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    Taylor is going to get tons of touches in Minn. He's the feature back, and they want to make use of his pass-catching skills as well. I own him on most of my teams.

JJ isn't a bad play, as most fantasy leagues dont reward you craptons of points for yards, only TDs.
  6. baj1dallas

baj1dallas New Member

6,556 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  7. EMMITTnROY

EMMITTnROY Well-Known Member

2,491 Messages
    98 Likes Received
    im gonna buck the tide here and say Julius.. just cause he is better than taylor..
  8. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,435 Messages
    936 Likes Received
    Go with the worse run defense, skins.
  9. dargonking999

dargonking999 DKRandom

11,793 Messages
    172 Likes Received
    I say your screwed either way, so do a coin flip

:D:D
  10. Jake0

Jake0 Member

502 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Honestly, I know you're not supposed to play with your heart in fantasy, but you're a cowboy fan so trust in Julius for week 1. Taylor is still unproven although he did look alright at times vs us. Expect the gameplan to spread jacksonville out. They're likely gonna be missing peterson who is a huge loss in run D. We'll have flozell back and TO in at all times. Should give Julius every opportunity to shut all the haters up. He's healthy, when his ankle isn't busted he's a dominator.

Bash the skins all you want but you still gotta respect their D, it's not bad by any means. They're missing springs so the vikings will likely be attacking that weakness over emphasizing the run.
  11. SkinsandTerps

SkinsandTerps Redskins Forever

7,398 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    Vikes should try to pass more if they plan on winning. Not run more. Redskins should be even stronger against the run this year. The loss of Springs could sting.

Maybe I read it wrong. I agree that Springs is a solid DB against the run but he is actually better against the pass when left in coverage.

It really is a toss up though.
  12. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

29,557 Messages
    5,290 Likes Received
    I'd start Portis....oh, wait.
    I mean Duckett. Seriously, start Duckett.
  13. SkinsandTerps

7,398 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    You would start Jones over Portis or Duckett as starters ?

Dont try to flame when a flame isnt warranted.
  14. Jake0

Jake0 Member

502 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    yeah you read it wrong, I was trying to say they should be airing it out instead of trying to establish a real run game.
  15. SkinsandTerps

7,398 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    Brad Johnson isnt exactly an 'air it out' type of QB (thankfully).

With the way the Redskins have played offensively so far this year, that makes me optimistic.
  16. Idgit

29,557 Messages
    5,290 Likes Received
    And you, don't try to give advice where it is not needed. Or when your advice is bad, anyway.

I was replying to the comment: dear God, don't start Julius in any league. You might want to wait a bit before suggesting Portis is a strong fantasy play this year. I wouldn't even start Duckett in a league that gave points for sucking properly.
  17. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,432 Messages
    387 Likes Received
    Okay boys, simma down naa.
  18. SkinsandTerps

7,398 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    Apparently it was needed. As you tried to imply that Portis nor Duckett was worthy of starting over Jones. Dont get your panties in a bunch. Fact is that Jones has not proven to be a viable FF starter over Duckett or Portis for the season EVER.
  19. Idgit

29,557 Messages
    5,290 Likes Received
    You're not reading carefully, and I didn't imply anything about who was the better fantasy start this year. I simply mocked the Redskins backs.
  20. hermitkid

hermitkid Member

145 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    The Jaguars DTs are stout, but don't fall into the trap of thinking their rushing defense was so much better than Washingtons. Take a look at the RBs the Jacksonville faced vs. the running games Washington had to defend against and suddenly it's no longer as obvious that the Jaguars were so much better than the Redskins.

The TD stats heavily favors the Jaguars D and as such it might make sense to start Taylor, that said, I think you're screwed either way ;)