1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Our 3rd round pick

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by SLATEmosphere, Apr 3, 2009.

1. SLATEmosphere

SLATEmosphere Benched

9,633 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    [youtube]wDZTKFZJ2RM[/youtube]

Danell Ellerbe..one of the best cover LB in the draft and extremely physical. Doesn't just cover LB he can also come up to the LOS and make contact..He can be groomed behind Brooking this year and take over the reigns next year.
  2. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

7,706 Messages
    620 Likes Received
    Jason Williams
  3. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,375 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Defensive players I like in the 3rd include

J Williams
    D Scott
    Ellerbe
    Chung (if he drops)
    Kruger (if he drops)
    Sidbury (though he may go a lot higher)
    Fili Moala
  4. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    ISLB Dannell Ellerbe, Georgia
    OLB Cody Brown, Connecticut
    OLB Jason Williams, Western Illinois
    OT/G Fenuki Tupou, Oregon
  5. NeonDeion21

NeonDeion21 Well-Known Member

2,092 Messages
    443 Likes Received
    That 3rd round pick is going to be very interesting. We are lucky to have one of the top picks in day 2. There is going to be some good value there no doubt about that.
  6. 28 Joker

28 Joker 28 Joker

7,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I wouldn't be surprised if Dallas picked twice in round 3 after trading up from round 4. They could draft twice in round 2 and once in round 3 if they moved back into round 3 after trading up into round 2.

The Eagles, known for looking at and picking players the Cowboys like or are perceived to like, pick two times before Dallas picks in round 5 and two times after Dallas picks in round 5. Those idiots have 4 5th round picks. That is the round the Cowboys may look to add a guard or two if they don't draft one early. The Eagles are looking at safeties, guards, DEs, and DTs. Also, they could take the fullback the Cowboys might want.

I think the Seahawks, picking right ahead of Dallas, might be a threat to Dallas getting Jason Williams. Tyrone McKenzie ran slow, and Marcus Freeman would be another player they would consider if he's there in round 3. However, Williams is visiting Seattle.
  7. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    Not saying he isn't worthy, but that "highlight" reel wasn't very impressive.
  8. Rudy

Rudy Member

696 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    How about Kevin Hart, OL from Cal!!
  9. irvin4evs

irvin4evs Benched

573 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I know he's keying on the RB, but he looks slow to react. He doesn't even twitch until the pulling linemen are engaged in some cases.

This ILB draft is pretty weak IMO. Outside of Phillips, Brinkley, and McKillop, there's not really anyone who fits especially well. I think Veikune would be a good ILB project, but he might be just as good at OLB and would need to be taken much earlier.
  10. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    On that one play, he literally stands there flat-footed for two or three counts and just watches, until he finally reacts and runs to the ball. What was that?
  11. SLATEmosphere

SLATEmosphere Benched

9,633 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Are you talking about the 23 second mark? It looks as though he's playing in zone coverage and spying the screen or draw. He does that on the first play in the video. I'm not making excuses but it does look like that to me. He's a solid prospect for that ILB position in the 3rd to groom. It's not the best video, but the only one that I could share.
  12. Rampage

Rampage Benched

24,117 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    is there any "draft party presents" vids of guys doing anything other than stopping the run? that's all I ever see from those vids.
  13. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    his mental makeup isn't the greatest, he's a little slow to read and diagnose, he's best when he's trailing a TE or back in coverage, and blitzing
  14. SLATEmosphere

SLATEmosphere Benched

9,633 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I don't know, but I wish someone put up like 5 minute vids of each player on youtube. Draftparty blowwwwws!
  15. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton it was the grave marked unknown right beside

6,475 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You could try here....

http://draftdaddy.com/features/video.htm
  16. Rampage

Rampage Benched

24,117 Messages
    0 Likes Received