1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Our wonderful school system

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by burmafrd, Aug 26, 2009.

1. Bizwah

Bizwah Well-Known Member

5,966 Messages
    203 Likes Received
    You're preachin' to the choir, dude.

Totally agree.....Schools should still be run at the local level. Right now, there's only the illusion of local control.
  2. Maikeru-sama

Maikeru-sama Mick Green 58

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The solution to this problem, free of charge:

link
  3. Maikeru-sama

Maikeru-sama Mick Green 58

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yep, that's about it :laugh2: .
  4. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,905 Messages
    4,271 Likes Received
    Nice Post Bizwah.:cool:
  5. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,623 Messages
    1,570 Likes Received
    Well most of the DAMAGE has been done by the PC crowd as regards the school systems. You want to disagree show me other wise. And the teachers salary is not even half the story.
  6. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,726 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    I believe he is saying that schools are wasting tremendous amounts of time and money on things that are secondary to learning the basics correctly. Discipline has been an increasing problem for years now. You can no longer throw out the trash who make it hard for those that want to learn to do so.
  7. Phrozen Phil

Phrozen Phil Active Member

3,880 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    My oldest son is a teacher and has been for the past 5 years. He loves his job and is looking forward to this coming school year. He teaches grade 4 to a class of 25 kids. While the curriculum is set at the Provincial level, a variety of means a tools are available for teachers to use to teach that curriculum. It does allow for some creativity, but holds the teachers accountable for outcomes.

My youngest son graduated from High School last year and I encountered some less than satisfactory teachers at his school. I found that I had to stay on him and actively engage his Vice Principal to hold two of his teachers accountable. I got satisfactory results, but it wasn't easy. Teaching can be an attractive profession, but parents ultimately have to be an active part of the process in order to ensure good outcomes. When you have a ho-hum teacher and a disengaged parent, you have a recipe for disaster. If you have a focused professional and a willing parent, you get better results. The best tips I got were from my older son on how to get the attention of my younger son's teachers.
  8. Garland powerplay

Garland powerplay Active Member

1,228 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Ok, this was one of the strangest things to happen to me as a parent with a teacher. My son makes A's ,B's in all honors classes 7th grade. Last week was the first week of school and we got a call from one of the teachers. She wanted my son to go to tutorials and asked did he have a problem w/ comprehension etc...blah blah.
    Apparently he didn't glue pics. in a folder or something the way she wanted.
    Not only did this not seem to warrant a call but seems like preschool stuff. I asked my son about it who said she is a five letter word he can't say. ***!?

Another time a teacher showed the class of a happy family and it was two men and a child. My son was kind of surprised and started laughing .Well, he was reprimanded for this.

I don't care if he gets suspended they 're not going to force the gay agenda round here.He will get his morality training at home.