1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

P. Manning INT vs Romo's INT

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by HoustonSucks, Jan 12, 2013.

1. phildominator

phildominator Member

672 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Joe Montana benefited from playing with the greatest WR of all time, HOF-possibility RB, HOF coach and a tremendous supporting cast otherwise.

Elway had to do much more by himself.
  2. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

8,022 Messages
    232 Likes Received
    Payton also threw it before the defender was even looking. He judged wrong like you said, threw it a little bit behind the receiver, and the defender made a great play on the ball. He didn't really even have to make a play on the ball. He turned around and the ball was not more than a yard away from him in position to catch it. Of course, if it was one of our defenders, the ball most likely would have been dropped.
  3. wileedog

wileedog Well-Known Member

9,802 Messages
    475 Likes Received
    Most of all he benefited from an offensive system that no one had ever seen before, had any idea how to stop and would eventually help revolutionize offense in the NFL.

That's not to take anything away from him or what he accomplished, or especially his big game performances, but Joe Montana playing in the Raiders vertical passing game would be a footnote.

Elway I think could have played in any system.
  4. HoustonSucks

HoustonSucks Member

432 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I'm not trying to do that. It's just aggravating that you won't hear anything about Peyton being THE reason Denver lost. You can't have it both ways. I don't blame either of them and also blame both. That makes sense? I just think our fan base is susceptible to whatever the trendy excuse is I guess. It's not black and white which I know you know.
  5. HoustonSucks

HoustonSucks Member

432 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Fair enough.
  6. zack

zack Well-Known Member

2,046 Messages
    229 Likes Received
    Brady has had about 8 games in his career when he has had pressure. 2 of them have came in the SB and he lost. He's had the best offensive lines. If I were the Texans I'd shoot the A gap with 99 because Brady simply can't handle pressure!
  7. HoustonSucks

HoustonSucks Member

432 Messages
    2 Likes Received

Yessssss

Knew I could count on you. Lol
  8. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

19,054 Messages
    478 Likes Received
    Peyton Manning is a glorified Tony Romo except with one ring. He was fortunate to be playing opposite Rex Grossman.
  9. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

8,022 Messages
    232 Likes Received
    And unfortunate enough to be playing against Bellicheat and company when he got the chance to.
  10. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,758 Messages
    229 Likes Received
    Wow you must not have seen Peyton take a team to the Super Bowl that two years later lost 14 games.
  11. tyke1doe

19,054 Messages
    478 Likes Received

:clap:
  12. Diogenes

Diogenes Active Member

1,200 Messages
    13 Likes Received

He won 3 total. He was on the field all season and the championship games for the first two. Missed most of the season and was knocked out of the Super Bowl the same year against us. That was after throwing a 75 yard TD that gave the Colts the lead.

Why do you ask?
  13. tyke1doe

19,054 Messages
    478 Likes Received
    I agree. If Elway was on the Niners, I believe he would have won seven Super Bowls.
  14. tyke1doe

19,054 Messages
    478 Likes Received
    :hammer:

And I don't want to hear about Brady having the better defense. All I heard this season and last is how the Broncos defense made Tebow a winner. Well, this same defense should have made Peyton a Super Bowl quarterback. But Peyton failed when the game was squarely in his hands.
  15. HoustonSucks

HoustonSucks Member

432 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    FYI the "this sucks" in my first post was related to plight of being a Houstonian. I think Hou might get past NE tomorrow and will beat Baltimore easy resulting in Hou in the SB which results in my life being a torment in this city. Just satin'
  16. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

8,022 Messages
    232 Likes Received
    Some people think the Broncos D played stout in this game. They gave up three long TD passes 40 yards or more I believe, the last one with forty seconds left, against all world Joe Flacco on the road where Baltimore has pretty much sucked this entire season. They are the choke jobs in today's game.
  17. Blackspider214

Blackspider214 Well-Known Member

1,893 Messages
    517 Likes Received
    When it comes to the playoffs and playoffs only, I think I'd rather have Eli than his older brother. Yeah Peyton is much much better overall but you never know what you are going to get with him when the playoffs arrive. Especially in the cold weather, he just is not good.
  18. bleedin' blue

bleedin' blue Active Member

257 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    Yep :(
  19. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

6,723 Messages
    1,062 Likes Received

So let me get this right. You first say Romo is a bus driver QB. Then you say Romo is terrific? lol.

Your posts on here show just how conflicted you are about Romo. Romo is nothing more than fools gold.

The truth is he is capable of playing terrific typically when the pressure is off of him, but the minute you put him in a high stakes game, he just can't mentally handle it and he looks like a fish out of water.

Romo needs the 85 bears defense to carry him to a superbowl.
  20. tyke1doe

19,054 Messages
    478 Likes Received
    I saw it. But for his ability, he has underachieved in the post-season.

If people are going to be critical about Romo being a regular season quarterback and not being able to get it done when it counts, then people have to get on Peyton too. And I'm grading both on a curve. Yes, I know Peyton has won a Super Bowl.

But as great as he is, he should have more rings. And he has resulted in his teams losing in the post season by making some very bone-headed throws and turnovers.

Those aren't on the defense. Those are on him.