1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Packers player accused of sexual assaulting ; 1 big time packerplayer in trouble?

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Jun 5, 2010.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    who is it zoners, and will this help us, if he is convicted and goodell suspends him?

Packers Defense-TM- Packers Jun. 5 - 4:50 pm et

Police are investigating an undisclosed Packers player in connection with an alleged sexual assault Saturday morning in Lake Delton, Wisconsin.

Seven Packers players were present at a condo where the assault allegedly occurred. The players have been interviewed and released, though an investigation is ongoing to determine one player's involvement in the incident.
    Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

Clay Matthews-LB- Packers Jun. 5 - 5:48 pm et

Updating a previous item, police have identified six of the seven Packers interviewed and released during an investigation for sexual assault in Lake Delton, Wisconsin.

OLB Clay Matthews, QB Matt Flynn, OG Josh Sitton, FB Korey Hall, OLB Brad Jones, and S Khalil Jones have been released and are no longer considered suspects. The seventh player, still being investigated, has not been identified. The players were in the area for a charity golf tournament hosted by Matthews.
    Source: Wisconsin State Journal

Packers Defense-TM- Packers Jun. 5 - 8:11 pm et

The unnamed Packers player accused of sexual assaulting two women admits sexual contact but insists it was consensual.

So the allegation is a non-consensual three-way? The women initially said that multiple players were involved, but only one player is under investigation. This is the third NFL player accused of sexual assault in the past year, joining Ben Roethlisberger and Colts DT Eric Foster. Jail time and/or a suspension could be forthcoming.
    Source: Green Bay Press-Gazette
  2. cowboyjoe

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    Packers player admits sexual contact, claims there was consent
    Posted by Mike Florio on June 5, 2010 8:04 PM ET
    The still-unnamed member of the Green Bay Packers who is under investigation for sexual assault reportedly has admitted having sexual contact with the alleged victims. (Yes, victims.) However, the player claims that the contact with the two women was consensual, according to Charles Davis of the Green Bay Press-Gazette.

The women claim there was no consent. The women also initially claimed that more than one player was involved. Police interviewed seven Packers; six of them are not suspected of criminal misconduct.

The unnamed player becomes the third NFL player accused of sexual assault in less than a year. Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger has faced two such claims. A civil suit filed earlier this year alleges that Colts defensive tackle Eric Foster sexually assaulted a hotel worker on the morning of the AFC Championship in January.

Though the six-game suspension imposed on Roethlisberger likely will trigger speculation that the unnamed Packer will face similar treatment even without an arrest, keep in mind that the league looks to pounce preemptively only on repeat offenders.

"If somebody's showing a pattern of behavior and a series of misjudgments, we should find out what that is and try to deal with the problem," NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell told me during an interview that will appear in the upcoming PFT Season Preview magazine. "I'm not going to wait for somebody to get thrown into jail."

In this case, the unnamed Packer could get thrown in jail. But the league most likely won't intervene until the matter is resolved, unless the player in question has prior issues under the Personal Conduct Policy.
  3. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,643 Messages
    1,103 Likes Received
    Do the Packers have their own White House?
  4. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    More than one guy? And rape? This takes being a Packer to a whole new level.
  5. cowboyjoe

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    thats what i was thinking, boy oh boy, if we can see about 2 or more players get suspended because of this, will help us win the packer game
  6. Dawgs0916

Dawgs0916 Will the Thrill

2,194 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    That's exactly what you should be thinking when there's a possibility opposing NFL players might have raped a girl. Kudos to you man.
  7. cowboyjoe

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    yeah i have disdain for someone that rapes a woman, if she says no its no, period, but if its consensual, thats another matter, but players have to learn, that some women are out to get them for money etc...

but some football players just dont grow up
  8. SLATEmosphere

SLATEmosphere Benched

9,633 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Ya who cares about the girl being emotionally and physically violated..

We got an easy dub now!!!!

:dance2:
  9. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    [IMG]
  10. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    What the hell else is there to do in Green Bay?
  11. Nav22

Nav22 Well-Known Member

5,337 Messages
    927 Likes Received
    :lmao2:
  12. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Polka polka polka
  13. Dawgs0916

2,194 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I guess man. Yeah your a hardcore fan, most of us on here are. But I'm sure your in the select few that thought of this as a positive for us as their first thought. If he raped that girl, and gets convicted, all
    that means is that he's a sorry POS and there's a woman out there who has to deal with that the rest of her life.

I'm sorry that just was really weak to me when I saw you say that. Not cool at all. In fact you were hoping two players raped her so even more players would be gone so we could win. That's one warped way of thinking.
  14. EGG

EGG Well-Known Member

4,446 Messages
    397 Likes Received
    and I for one am sick of all the posturing and feigned offense by some who think they've cornered the market on righteous behavior... it's American PC stupidity at its finest. There is little doubt that everyone finds the alleged act repulsive and even less doubt that some fool would find a moral high horse to jump on,,,
  15. Dawgs0916

2,194 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I'm nobody to judge anybody else on terms of morality. Believe me on that. But that being said I have every right to think his post showed a warped sense of thought. Putting a football team above that is ridiculous. You have a good day though, you Michael Moore, you.
  16. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

5,722 Messages
    635 Likes Received
    So, how exactly does this guy rape two women during a threesome? I'm missing something here.

Can someone explain?
  17. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,467 Messages
    173 Likes Received
    I'd like to point out that sexual assualt isn't always rape. The player(s) could have groped the women as well. And since it happened to two women, I have a hard time imagining one guy raping two women. I'd assume it's more on the sexual groping nature. I could be wrong. Just a thought.

Either way, I hope the truth actually comes out on this and the player gets what they deserve.
  18. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,082 Messages
    5,602 Likes Received
    Packers investigation moves toward conclusion

Posted by Mike Florio on June 5, 2010 9:52 PM ET

The investigation regarding allegations of sexual assault made by two women against a still-unnamed member of the Green Bay Packers could soon be over, according to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.

"Our investigation is coming to a conclusion," Lake Delton, Wisconsion Sgt. Gerald Grimsled said, per the Journal Sentinel.

Grimsled acknowledged the discrepancies in the versions of the events. The alleged victims claim lack of consent; the player says there was consent.

"That's the two conflicting reports or stories in the incident that we're getting, yes," Grimsled said.

"We're trying to be careful no matter who it would be," Grimsled said. "We don't want to falsely accuse someone of something when we haven't determined from our side if they did something or didn't do something."

On one hand, we're having a hard time envisioning a situation involving one man and two women and a claim of nonconsensual sexual contact. Without getting overly graphic, it would be difficult to sexually assault one while physically restraining the other from, you know, leaving.

On the other hand, we'll be watching for signs of home cooking in this one. Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger's alleged escapades occurred not in the Pittsburgh area, where his bodyguards are members of law enforcement and the cops have (or at least had) a reputation for looking the other way when a Steelers player gets into trouble. In a small town in a state where the Packers are worshiped, discretion easily can be exercised to conclude that proof beyond a reasonable doubt would never be established at trial, and thus that charges won't be pursued.

The mere fact that the player's name currently is being treated as a state secret makes us wonder whether the authorities are predisposed to accepting his word over the versions supplied by the alleged victims.
  19. Vintage

Vintage The Cult of Jib

13,158 Messages
    844 Likes Received

Gun?

That'd be one way. Not saying that is what happened, but since you've asked.

Also... say its some big *** 340 pound dude and a couple of 120 pound women... you don't think there is a natural fear factor there of getting the **** kicked out of you, if you are the women?
  20. Dawgs0916

2,194 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Yeah nobody knows what even really went down. Hopefully for the players sake it turns out it was consensual and they are just gunning for their money. And come up empty handed