1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Pakistani intelligence: Bin Laden is dead

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by JBond, Apr 29, 2009.

1. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,722 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    Pakistani intelligence: Bin Laden is dead

As Pakistan wrestles with the Taliban takeover of large swaths of its territory and the encroachment on Islamabad, its Inter-Services Intelligence agency tells us that Osama bin Laden is dead.

President Asif Ali Zardari said Monday that Pakistani intelligence believes Al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden is dead but acknowledged they had no evidence.

"The Americans tell me they don't know, and they are much more equipped than us to trace him. And our own intelligence services obviously think that he does not exist any more, that he is dead," Zardari told reporters.

"But there is no evidence, you cannot take that as a fact," he said. "We are between facts and fiction."

Zardari was responding to reports that Pakistani Taliban in the troubled Swat valley have said they would welcome bin Laden if he wants to visit the former Pakistani hill resort which is now in the hands of Taliban.

"The question is whether he is alive or dead. There is no trace of him," the president said.

If you can't trust the ISI to give you accurate information on al Qaeda and the Taliban, who can you trust? Considering the ISI orders suicide attacks on embassies in Kabul, supports terror attacks on major cities in India, and conducts resupply missions to Taliban forces as they fight U.S. soldiers in eastern Afghanistan, who else is better suited to know the inner machinations of al Qaeda?

The timing of this report is interesting, given the pressure being placed on Pakistan to tackle the Taliban sanctuaries that have blossomed in the northwest. U.S. officials have also been highly critical of the Paksitani Army and the ISI. Pakistan's military and intelligence services clearly are looking for ways to deflect criticism and divert attention from the collapse in their country.
  2. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,878 Messages
    2,112 Likes Received
    I don't if he is or isn't but either way it really changes nothing. The war on terrorist and extreamist groups does not end with Bin Laden capture or death it goes well beyond him
  3. ConcordCowboy

ConcordCowboy Mr. Buckeye

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    "President Asif Ali Zardari said Monday that Pakistani intelligence believes Al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden is dead but acknowledged they had no evidence."

He sounds no different than some people on this board.

He's Alive until proven dead.

Title should read like this...

Pakistani intelligence: Bin Laden is dead...we think...but can't prove it
  4. Jon88

Jon88 Benched

7,666 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Well I know Bill Clinton is disappointed. He had his back.
  5. Jarv

Jarv Loud pipes saves lives. Zone Supporter

6,990 Messages
    70 Likes Received
    So will the person who shows up with the body get 25 million ?
  6. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,437 Messages
    3,674 Likes Received
    Is this one of those misleading titles from the site.;)
  7. the fake norm hitzges

the fake norm hitzges New Member

186 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    i personally think bin laden is buried under tons of collapsed cave rocks in tora bora.
  8. ConcordCowboy

ConcordCowboy Mr. Buckeye

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I had that typed...then I went...No.

I thought it was stupid then.

But in this case it would have been right.

:p:
  9. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,301 Messages
    339 Likes Received
    Maybe he's like Blofeld in Diamonds are Forever and has a few carbon copies of himself running around making videos whenever he wants to scare a few people.
  10. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    In other news,Afghan intelligence claims Elvis is Alive.
  11. CowboyFan74

CowboyFan74 Cowboys Analyst

12,324 Messages
    383 Likes Received
    Whether he's alive or dead is not as much an issue as the fact that he's alive in the hearts of the taliban.
  12. jrumann59

jrumann59 Well-Known Member

3,759 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    All the more reason to either rinse their existence from this world or marginalize it like so many other racist groups have done to the KKK and make it a shell of its former self.
  13. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,856 Messages
    880 Likes Received
    What???
  14. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,845 Messages
    611 Likes Received
    I think he has been dead since the first attack on the Taliban.
  15. SuspectCorner

SuspectCorner Bromo

7,568 Messages
    33 Likes Received
  16. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    Its interesting that in the intelligence community there are a fair number who agree that he has been dead and the tapes have been fakes.
  17. Doomsday101

75,878 Messages
    2,112 Likes Received
    He may be dead but then again it is believed that some in the Pakistani military are sympathetic to Bin Laden and the Taliban. Either way it really does not change much
  18. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    This was not the military- this was the pakistani intelligence organization which has ALWAYS had taliban supporters and sympathizers in it.
  19. Doomsday101

75,878 Messages
    2,112 Likes Received
    I understand it was their intelligent service which is not far removed from their military. I just do not put much credibility in Pakistan Government, military or intelligent service when it comes to the Taliban and Al-Qaeda
  20. kmp77

kmp77 Active Member

5,945 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He's been dead for years.