1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ***Parcell Retires***

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by joseephuss, Jan 22, 2007.

1. Boyzmamacita

Boyzmamacita The Ultimate Cowbabe Zone Supporter

13,752 Messages
    748 Likes Received
    Unfortunately I don't have that one on GIF, but I remember it well. He was really emotional after that one.
  2. Da Hammer

Da Hammer The Natural

10,604 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    okay just home and man this is GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!! Parcells was done and i give him credit for doing the right thing and retiring before more time passes and all the top candidates were gone. Now Please get HC-Ron Rivera and DC-Mike Singletary!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  3. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,334 Messages
    714 Likes Received
    YESSIR! Welcome to the party!
  4. TurtleTurds

TurtleTurds New Member

110 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    i dont like this at all
    : (
  5. AmishCowboy

AmishCowboy if you ain't first, you're last

4,337 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    You guys who are so happy better remember that we could get Martz or Phillips, and you think they are any better?.
  6. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,334 Messages
    714 Likes Received
    I'm happier with the unknown when it is compared to staring down the barrell of yet another mediocre season. Today is a joyous day.
  7. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    jerry just released a statment.

He said bill will be at valley ranch for a while helping them with the transistion and they are happy about it..

I am sure someone will have the whole thing.
  8. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

37,891 Messages
    1,123 Likes Received
    It's gonna be nice to finally be able to hear from assistant coaches. Seriously though, the guy had a 4 year plan, he's too old to mess around with long term goals, he started his 3-4 defense a tad too late, wasted 2 years, and now he's tired of it.

Adios! Who's next?
  9. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,334 Messages
    714 Likes Received
    This is good to hear. Bill as GM? :D <-- Notice the smilie. It holds the significance of labeling this post a joke. ;)
  10. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,303 Messages
    362 Likes Received
    thank god in heaven for this announcement. I actually have hope again for this franchise. This of course is contigent on Jerry hiring a real coach.
  11. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,334 Messages
    714 Likes Received
    yes! shout with me! HALLELUJAH! :p:
  12. cowboyz_4_ever

cowboyz_4_ever New Member

4 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    WOW, I thought I would be in the minority in celebrating the departure of bowling pin. This is a glorious day for Cowboy fans. Bill can take his boring, conservative, style back to the NE and also take Bleedso and Ferry Glenn with him. Can we get back to being the creative, trendsetting club that earned the name 'Americas Team'.
  13. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

5,761 Messages
    372 Likes Received

Whoooooa hooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Bring on Rex.....somehow I am betting this is not going to happen though.
  14. fan62

fan62 Member

683 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    or more likely to like the 4 or 5 years before Bill. Won't that be fun for the next 4 or 5.
  15. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,334 Messages
    714 Likes Received
    I prefer to take the positive approach and see this as a building block towards our future. Hopefullly the next block will go into place in a couple of weeks.
  16. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,464 Messages
    1,590 Likes Received
    I'm sad this thread is slowing down. 30 pages simply isn't enough. I wanted a 50 pager over this.

;)
  17. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,334 Messages
    714 Likes Received
    Almost 12,000 views. :lmao: Gotta love it. The sports world was in a bit of a tizzy today.
  18. StevenOtero

StevenOtero Well-Known Member

6,357 Messages
    288 Likes Received
    Only 436 replies?
    Edit: didn't realize someone beat me to that rant.
  19. Crazy88

Crazy88 New Member

36 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Well gruden woulda been a nice hire but like someone already wrote he is locked up till next year. i would rather we dont give up any draft picks for a coach. it could end up like the joey galloway trade (or was it ismail i cant remember right now) and do sweet nothing for us really.
  20. arync

arync New Member

671 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think he was great for the team even though he didn't win the big games. The team is more competitive than it was before he got here and they were is position to win about 5 more games in the last 2 years. It probably is time to go in another direction, but the next coach is going to be in a great position. I will miss the daily press conferences, some of the things he said were classic lines that cannot be forgotten