1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Parcells Press Conf. from today (***Official PC Thread***)

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by jlust22, Aug 12, 2005.

1. jlust22

jlust22 Member

523 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    He said five guys are staying back in Oxnard: Ferguson, Barnes, Bickerstaff, Ryan and Spears. He said Carson will be used sparingly in order to rest his knees. For this game, Petitti will start at RT and Gurode at C. The plan for each QB is to play 1/3 of the game with Bledsoe starting followed by Romo and then Henson. He expects Julius to get 7 or 8 carries. Cundiff and Coretz will rotate kicks and punt returns will be rotated between Barber, Merritt and Rector. He will rotate three sets of kick returners, but is anxious to see Thompson return kicks. Parcells said Scott will be the back-up FS for this game, but he wants to get a good look at Pagel and Reese as well. He is disappointed that Spears and Ferguson will be unable to play since they are expected to be such a big part of the defense.

He is not sure if he will call plays tomorrow, but he will be in on it. Parcells is trying to get the right mix of coaches on the field and in the press box for the games. Pasqualoni is going to be in the press box during this game which is new for him. Defensively, Gibbs will be up in the press box this week along with McIntrye. Next week, he said either Haley or Payton will be in the press box on offense and Bowles will switch places with Gibbs. He said its important to have coaches in the box who know coverages really well.
  2. Bungarian

Bungarian Butt Monkey

2,320 Messages
    577 Likes Received
    I turned on the PC as it was ending. It must have started at 1:00 today. Anyone know what was said?
  3. TheHustler

TheHustler Active Member

5,391 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Interesting, wonder why Petetti is starting.
  4. Charles

Charles Benched

3,409 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Petitti gets to start because Rogers is nursing an injury and Petitti has been taking snaps with the 1st team for the past two days.

Nors can you explain why a healthy Al Johnson isn't starting ahead of Gurode?
  5. LaTunaNostra

LaTunaNostra He Made the Difference

14,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    No Fergy.

Bummer!!!
  6. SALADIN

SALADIN Jumper

1,787 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You and me both!

Its also interesting to see that Pettie and Dre as starters and strange to see that K. Davis wasn't mentioned as a player in the mix at FS.
  7. LaTunaNostra

14,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Saladin, I think it was mentioned Scott, Reese and Pagel will play back up..

imagine if Petitti took that spot by storm..would make the rest of the summer much less stressful

who's the Cards starting LDE? Begins with an O..can't recall his name Ofalete?

Sic - Okeafor?
  8. SALADIN

SALADIN Jumper

1,787 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This ought to be good :D

[IMG]

Remember what Bill says, no spinning allowed ;)
  9. dmq

dmq If I'm so pretty, why am I available?

6,851 Messages
    216 Likes Received
    Would be good to see furgy, but might as well get Glover in the mix....
  10. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    Just FYI, they said last night on the training camp report that Rogers was back with the first team yesterday... I think Parcells is just P.O.'d at him.
  11. SALADIN

SALADIN Jumper

1,787 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Chike Okeafor backed up by Peppi Zellner.
  12. LaTunaNostra

14,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Thanks..."Ohalete" is their back up safety.

So what about Okeafor? As a LDE we will expect he is balanced run-pass defense guy, not their top edge rusher.

But anyone know anything about him..and what this Petitti kid is going to have to keep off Bledsoe tomorrow night?
  13. LaTunaNostra

14,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  14. SALADIN

SALADIN Jumper

1,787 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Okeafor is nothing to write home about. I remember him having a very lack luster stay here in San Fran but the most he's ever done was with the Seahawks last year collecting 8.5 sacks.

More of a standup 3-4 OLB who can put his hand on the ground and rush.
  15. aikemirv

aikemirv Well-Known Member

7,088 Messages
    54 Likes Received
  16. Rush 2112

Rush 2112 New Member

1,496 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Something's not right. When Bert Berry was doing his FA tour last year he was a 250-255 guy right? That's what I remember. Now he's listed at 277. I'm calling BS on that. If BB goes 255 and Chike goes 265 hopefully we get a chance to see our OL exert their will and play smashmouth football.

Petiti....talk about being thrown into the fire. First time taking snaps at RT was this week. Hope he can show promise there by the end of camp. He or Rogers excelling there saves a 1st day pick next year on a RT.
  17. SALADIN

SALADIN Jumper

1,787 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I got a chance to see Petiti quite a bit at Pitt and he won't be getting pushed around much.

I think that he'll be a starter in this league for years to come.
  18. fiveandcounting

fiveandcounting New Member

1,592 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    he is a master spinner
  19. kartr

kartr New Member

3,039 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He can play both left and right DE. He was an absolute terror against the Rams in the playoffs last year. Bulger never wants to see him again.
  20. kartr

kartr New Member

3,039 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah, I've seen that article, that's why I wanted Dallas to sign him in 2003 to push or replace Ekuban.