1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Pass Interference? You make the call..

Discussion in 'History Zone' started by Juke99, Apr 21, 2005.

1. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,271 Messages
    3 Likes Received
  2. Hoods

Hoods Active Member

968 Messages
    62 Likes Received
    I may be missing something, but I don't see pass interference from neither parties. Plus it's hard to make a call on a still shot. They are often misleading.
  3. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,271 Messages
    3 Likes Received

I just put this up because I've been convinced for a LONG time that this was a PI on Sanders....huge play in the game...which was compounded by Switzer picking up a penalty...

I just came across the pic today...and noticed how Sanders has Irvin's arm locked...
  4. PrimeTime#21

PrimeTime#21 New Member

22 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I have that game on tape and that play( Or shall I say the Non-pass interference call on the play) altered the outcome of the game. It would have set us up at about the 23-28 yd line with a first down to go At worst we would have gotten a field goal out of the deal and it would have added to our scoring run. All the commentators spoke about how it was a horribly blown non call. Good looking out. PT#21 :iggles: :skins:
  5. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Ironic that the guy who stopped our SB run helped us start it again a year later... :D
  6. TruBlueCowboy

TruBlueCowboy New Member

7,301 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I've seen Deion and Irvin argue about that later on in life in their broadcasting careers. Deion was insisting he didn't do anything and Irvin was shouting at Deion: "You're a Christian now, don't lie on TV, don't lie on TV!"
  7. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,271 Messages
    3 Likes Received

Funny stuff...

I've got the game on a DVD...no question, PI...

I don't think it would have made a difference though...

Switzer got away by having superior talent vs other teams...but when it came to the 49ers, the talent levels were about equal....Jimmy always made a difference vs the 49ers...so did Barry, in the reverse.
  8. martyogelvie

martyogelvie New Member

32 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It never ceases to amaze me how that PI was not called and Benny Barnes in Super Bowl XIII was...

It just holds to the old addage of;
    'when I get old and cannot see, I want to be a referee'
  9. phildominator

phildominator Member

672 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I can't stand that game. I've watched it once and refuse to watch it again. In fact, I can tell if any newspaper photo, video clip or poster photo comes from that game; I immediately destroy it and when the police arrive, I run.

I honestly can't tell you if it was PI or not. I've erased any possibility of flashbacks of that game. It cost me $7,500 and a small portion of my brain, but I can tell you this...in a self-written letter to myself before the lobotomy, I'm a much happier man now.
  10. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,271 Messages
    3 Likes Received

But other than that, you're ok with this game? :D
  11. Banned_n_austin

Banned_n_austin Benched

5,834 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
  12. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Yes it was PI but we can't get too upset because Mike got away with a "few" push offs in his day :D
  13. TexasTornado

TexasTornado Member

119 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Irvin had him beat - I still remember that game - it was PI and we should have won that game...Thanks Deion!