1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Pat Watkins led the team in tackles tonight

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by EndGame, Sep 17, 2006.

1. EndGame

EndGame Active Member

1,232 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  2. jesusphreak

jesusphreak New Member

664 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah, I noticed that he is in there on a lot of tackles. He seems to be a very solid tackler, unlike Keith Davis, who just goes for the big hits (we've already got one of those guys).

And the best part is you don't hear about him much, that means he isn't getting beat deep.
  3. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,567 Messages
    5,487 Likes Received
    Imagine that, a free safety who can make plays. :D
  4. bobtheflob

bobtheflob New Member

1,768 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Man, there's just too much about this game that makes me excited.
  5. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,533 Messages
    1,797 Likes Received
    maybe the stats are misleading but i dont like safeties making the most tackles. Maybe RW because he plays so much around the LOS but to me that meanst hey are getting to the 2nd level too much. I like my LBs to lead in tackles thank you
  6. KD

KD Active Member

2,091 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    The story here is no deep passes. :)
  7. DBoys

DBoys New Member

4,713 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Amen to that
  8. jrumann59

jrumann59 Well-Known Member

4,230 Messages
    401 Likes Received
    They say he is Tall and lanky but he seems to have a pretty solid build, he is built more like TO and less like Pinkston.
  9. ChrisCanty99

ChrisCanty99 New Member

270 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Man, Watkins is having a really nice couple of games. Free safeties shouldn't ever get their names called (other than INTs), and Pat's practically invisible out there.

Kind of like Gurode tonight.
  10. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,567 Messages
    5,487 Likes Received
    NFL.com just changed the stats and now gives Roy one more tackle than Watkins. Still a great game.
  11. AdamJT13

AdamJT13 Salary Cap Analyst

15,061 Messages
    635 Likes Received
    Watkins' tackles came after gains of 15, 14, 19, 13, 17 and 20 yards. The good thing was that none of them came on passes against him, except maybe the last one, which came when we were in the prevent defense. The rest all came on runs, reverses and dumpoff passes.
  12. DallasInDC

DallasInDC Well-Known Member

2,046 Messages
    212 Likes Received
    That is one of the things you want from your free safety. as the last point of defense better seeing hin making tackles after the long gain than giving up TD's
  13. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

20,442 Messages
    1,121 Likes Received
    I still can't believe he was available in the fifth, and he's good enough to start. :D
  14. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  15. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,661 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    We never heard his name, he played a true safety. Free safeties are supposed to be the last line of defense. Being that we didn't give up any big plays tonight, that speaks well of Pat.
  16. billknows

billknows New Member

790 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Now this is truly two nice developments...Yep Yep:)
  17. TwoSteppinJJ

TwoSteppinJJ Active Member

1,167 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Pattycakes is playing some top notch ball, Once he adds some more muscle and is more experienced he could be a really force on our Defense.

Lol the Redskins go out and waste a ton of money on adam Archuleta meanwhile we get it done with a draft pick here. Not the same position (FS,SS) but you know what I mean. Redskins philosophy fails once again :). Good stuff
  18. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,604 Messages
    3,136 Likes Received
    What I like about him is that he's a very "sure" tackler-- not the "knock-out" type but once he gets a hold of you, you're going down.
  19. jay cee

jay cee Active Member

2,900 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Ain't that the truth. Canty last year, and Watkins this were two top notch 2nd day picks.
  20. Hiero

Hiero New Member

3,075 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    yep that combined with his coverage skills is more than enough. he doesn't need to be a big hitter, and actually im kinda happy he's more of a skinny guy because we needed someone with speed and range, roy and the lb's will do the big hitting.