1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Patriots Sign WR Danny Amendola

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by IAmLegend, Mar 13, 2013.

1. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,997 Messages
    2,024 Likes Received
    Welker is light years above amendola
  2. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    I don't think there's any question Welker is the better player.

Also, it doesn't appear like Money was the issue. Looks like Welker may have just wanted to jump ship or play somewhere else.

That said, comparing Amendola's numbers in a ridiculously stagnant offense to Welker's in a highly prolific offense isn't quite a fair assessment.

I wouldn't expect Amendola to be Welker but I think he provides similar abilities. If healthy I think it goes without saying he'll have a career year.
  3. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,997 Messages
    2,024 Likes Received
    Or he can have a injury riddled yr again. With him its 50-50
  4. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,858 Messages
    1,698 Likes Received
    Rumor is Tom is NOT happy with Little Bill.
  5. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,953 Messages
    1,534 Likes Received
    The loophole allowed the Eagles the opportunity to sign Amendola to the PS, but Amendola still made the choice to sign with them. He could have stayed with Dallas. He left on his own.

Amendola at the time did not provide depth. He struggled as a return man in training camp and the pre-season in 2008. He was of no use on the punt and kick coverage teams. They evaluated Amendola correctly in that it would take a few years for him to put things together. They did what they could to keep him, but he chose to leave. Nothing you can reasonably do about that. It doesn't make sense to throw a lot of money at a UDFA just in the hope he gets better in the long run.
  6. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,953 Messages
    1,534 Likes Received
    Money is always an issue. The Pats have the money, but weren't willing to give it to Welker.
  7. bounce

bounce Active Member

719 Messages
    218 Likes Received
    Neither of these guys are players who just excel in any system. Amendola was cut by Dallas and Philadelphia. Welker wasn't special before he hooked up with Brady. Unless it's a Calvin Johnson type physical freak, the system makes the WR.

Amendola will replace Welker's numbers (to an extent) - so would have Julian Edelman, or whoever they plug into that role.

Amendola wouldn't have done a thing here in the current system.

For the most part, systems create players, especially WRs.
  8. Blackspider214

Blackspider214 Well-Known Member

2,716 Messages
    1,031 Likes Received
    So we decide to hold onto Isiah Stanback instead of Amendola, right? :bang2:

But Amendola has injury issues but still. Would be good to have someone of his talents right now. Especially if he can steay healthy, which is a big if these last 2 seasons.