1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Pearson - John Garrett applied for the Delaware HC job

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by kjcmeb, Jan 15, 2013.

1. rickjameschinaclub

rickjameschinaclub Benched

1,222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Que in it's Romo's fault.. let's see.. Dez couldn't run right routes, the OL couldn't block, Murray was injured which is why play-action wasn't effective, TO's deep rooted cancer is to blame, the culture is still being cleaned out... what else did I miss?
  2. Vertigo_17

Vertigo_17 Well-Known Member

2,260 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    Maybe we should place some blame on the WR's themselves for not knowing where to line up or which route to run.
  3. rickjameschinaclub

1,222 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Correction.. He HAD league-wide appeal. He doesn't have that league-wide appeal anymore. You know that same Baltimore team that wanted him, anded up firing the former HC, who had Garrett as a QB coach, i.e. Cad Cameron during mid-season, when Baltimore was in the midst of a play-off run.

To think they wouldn't have fired the bum we have now as HC with his process of running this organization into the ground is deluding themselves... That same Atlanta is now playing for the NFC division title, while Dallas continues to flounder in average.
  4. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,336 Messages
    1,958 Likes Received
    the pro-Garrett spin in this thread is absolutely hilarious
  5. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

15,984 Messages
    1,642 Likes Received
    Dez started off slowly and then was one of the best WR in the game. Romo did throw a ton of picks to LBers. It's one thing that he seems to do over and over again. I like Romo but it is what it is.
  6. rickjameschinaclub

1,222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Didn't you know? The Garrett family not only possess genius intellects, they are also noble people who like to take pay cuts and go to unknown schools, and want to be like the common people having to APPLY for jobs, instead of being offered them, because they are just magical people that the earth has never beheld before, not that they could be threatened with being fired and the team just wants to do it gracefully...
  7. rickjameschinaclub

1,222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Que in all this advancement was due to John Garrett's passing game coordination...
  8. FuzzyLumpkins

15,984 Messages
    1,642 Likes Received
    We were 3rd in passing yards and 9th in YPA. Just the facts.

Hannah came along and Witten had one of his best years. Phillips hasn't been the same since he tore his knee up.

I can just as easily cite anti-Garrett spin.
  9. FuzzyLumpkins

15,984 Messages
    1,642 Likes Received
    I didn't say that but you guys are trying to imply that the passing game sucked and thus he sucked. I don't find that to be true. Sorry.
  10. rickjameschinaclub

1,222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    No, that's not what we are implying. We are implying that the passing game success, when it was a success, was hardly a product of John Garrett. It surely hasn't improved since this genius came aboard.

For example, it is clear Romo's last 'horrific' game was preceded by a bunch of games where he carried this offense on his back, which is why his QB rating was pretty damn good. We started out flat in the majority of our games and were awful in the first half, despite a week to prepare. Thank Tony Romo for his ability to, besides 'throw INTS to LBs', keep plays alive with his feet for Dez to do his thing.
  11. FuzzyLumpkins

15,984 Messages
    1,642 Likes Received
    So we passed well but no credit goes to the passing game coordinator... Alrighty then.

I like Romo and I am able to understand that Garrett doing well doesn't make Romo do poorly or vice versa. Romo threw to many picks. He had a career high in interceptions. It is what it is.
  12. Galian Beast

Galian Beast Well-Known Member

8,454 Messages
    906 Likes Received
    I remember him interviewing, I don't necessarily recall whether or not he got offers, and beyond that, he had a great year in 2007, which would make your stock go up.

Except there is a catch.

#1 Sparano was the one calling the plays, not Garrett
    #2 Garrett inherited an offense that was coming full bore. Tony Romo after a very successful yet somewhat abbreviated season, getting his first full season. Terrell Owens in his 2nd year with the team.

I wouldn't give Garrett the credit for any of that...
  13. FuzzyLumpkins

15,984 Messages
    1,642 Likes Received
    The OL fell apart after Sparano left. Davis in particular was hard to watch and that Vikings game I just felt bad for Colombo.

Garrett's problem is not moving the ball. It's getting into the end zone. I am going to channel my inner RS and say you cannot do much without an OL.
  14. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,336 Messages
    1,958 Likes Received
    just facts, no spin

Jason Garrett:

8-8 to 8-8
    maybe that is your kind of "process"

John Garrett:

please dont insult everyone by crediting him for witten who was an all-pro before john ever showed up

phillips has regressed
    hanna is all potential and very little production
  15. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

2,680 Messages
    494 Likes Received
    I would say that the team racked up passing yards as a result of:
    1. Being behind most every game.
    2. Slow starting offense / base offense performing poorly.
    3. Ranked 31st in rushing yards / low rushing attempts.
    4. Having to pass to overcome 3-15 type situations due to sacks/penalites.

I think the offense under JG has been pass heavy since he took over as OC and thus puts up yards. Yards dont equal points. Its like chrome on a car looks nice doenst win races.

I dont think anyone feared the Dallas offense this year, at all and I really dont think any fears the JG offense period. He is very predictable in what he is and isnt going to do. If the players can execute his simple plan, they can win but the other coaches get paid too and they can take away what he wants to do and JG ends up with no answer (generally) for that. Add in his game management blunders and you get 8-8. Fix the game management OR the play calling and I think you get playoffs out of that team.
  16. FuzzyLumpkins

15,984 Messages
    1,642 Likes Received
    Ahh yes now back to this. Appeal to ridicule and confirmation bias.

Phillips tore up his knee and Hannah made plays as a rookie. And don't insult everyone by pretending that Witten just ignored Garrett or that he wasn't coaching him.
  17. FuzzyLumpkins

15,984 Messages
    1,642 Likes Received
    Sure that's why I listed YPA.
  18. Galian Beast

Galian Beast Well-Known Member

8,454 Messages
    906 Likes Received
    Phillip's regression goes way passed coming back from injury...

As for Hanna, he was tied for 3rd among rookie tight ends in receptions with 8, 4th in yards, 0 tds.

His development was nothing special so far.
  19. FuzzyLumpkins

15,984 Messages
    1,642 Likes Received
    He was hurt 3 years ago in TC before his second year. I am not sure what you mean by regressed. It's not like he was more than a promising prospect before he got hurt. He is not nearly as quick as he used to be.
  20. FuzzyLumpkins

15,984 Messages
    1,642 Likes Received
    So now a 6th rounder being a top 5 rookie who plays behind Jason Witten isn't good? You guys are unbelievable.