1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Pearson - John Garrett applied for the Delaware HC job

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by kjcmeb, Jan 15, 2013.

1. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,766 Messages
    1,657 Likes Received
    because trumping up hate gets ratings
    Gets attention
    And in todays MEDIA that is all that matters
  2. OklahomaCowboy88

OklahomaCowboy88 Benched

265 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    For some outlets, yes. ESPN, specifically. And for some media guys, yes. But some respectable media guys who don't base their business off of schtick have weighed in on this. Besides, there are enough big fish in the organization to fabricate stories on than Jerry wanting a TE coach gone.

John wont be here in 2013, and its because Jerry doesn't want him here.
  3. Galian Beast

Galian Beast Well-Known Member

9,092 Messages
    1,334 Likes Received
    Huge backpedal, and even then you are still off base. That's what cronyism means... if the shoe fits, wear it...
  4. 1fisher

1fisher Active Member

5,676 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    Folks on this board gobble it up like a Thanksgiving turkey! As Bill Parcell's says..... "you've been sucked."

:laugh2:
  5. dogberry

dogberry Well-Known Member

2,422 Messages
    58 Likes Received
    Didn't our TE just set a record for most catches in a season. Good time to fire the coach because we aren't going to escape regression to the mean.
  6. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,499 Messages
    408 Likes Received

:)

Bill Parcells said DeMarcus Ware would never make a full time 4/3 DE.

:laugh2:
  7. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,096 Messages
    463 Likes Received
    Please let him be gone... Bennett should have been a much bigger part of the offense, he totally screwed that up.
  8. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

15,123 Messages
    2,657 Likes Received
    I think what alot of people are upset about is that while every coach on offense and defense has input for the game plan, only certain coaches are held responsible and others get a pass.

If all the coaches have input into the game plan, why was Skip Pete singled out and fired while John Garrett gets a pass? If what you say is true, they both had input into the game plan but Pete gets fired and John Garrett is welcomed to stay apparently since he is looking for a new job on his own and not being forced out at all.

Another point is Ryan getting fired and all the defensive coaches have to interview with Kiffen to see if they keep their jobs. I dont see the offensive coaches having to interview to keep their jobs.

This finally all comes back to Garrett. The impression alot of fans have is that Ryan and the defensive coaches are being blamed for Garrett's inability to coordinate the offense and win games. We scored the lowest offensive points since Garrett joined the team and yet most of the changes have been on the defensive side of the ball.

That is what I think people are upset about, the appearence that coaches are being thrown under the bus so Garrett can keep his job 1 more year.
  9. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,873 Messages
    2,662 Likes Received
    There is no such thing as getting a pass. It doesn't appear like that to me at all. To me it looks like staff juggling that all teams do. I've never seen anyone on here saying this about other teams when they change staff in the off season. Just another example of fans on a forum over blowing common team actions. The old mountain out of a mole hill syndrome in full effect.
  10. respectdatstar

respectdatstar Member

685 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Being the Head Coach of a Div II college should open more doors for him than TE coach of an NFL team in the shadow of his brother. He is stepping out on his own and getting a job based on qualification and fit. Not just because he has the hook-up with the guy in charge.
  11. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Well-Known Member

1,959 Messages
    684 Likes Received
    Again, didn't say being liked was my issue or an issue. I answered your question and left it at that. Don't read too much into it. I just think cronyism can be a negative in certain..rarer.. situations..as laid out.
  12. Hostile

118,873 Messages
    2,662 Likes Received
    And I think it is a reach to find something to make a problem out of that isn't.
  13. rickjameschinaclub

rickjameschinaclub Benched

1,222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Just to clarify, cronyism is a term that is used for a person receiving a position because of his connections, depsite being UN-qualified for a job. It has a negative connotation.

If a person does have qualifications and is related to the guy in charge, it wouldn't fall under cronyism.
  14. Hostile

118,873 Messages
    2,662 Likes Received
    I agree, but many won't.
  15. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Well-Known Member

1,959 Messages
    684 Likes Received
    I didn't reach. I only answered your question regarding how cronyism could hurt in general. We aren't in a competition here. Lol
  16. Hostile

118,873 Messages
    2,662 Likes Received
    Not saying you are.
  17. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

16,445 Messages
    2,250 Likes Received
    Eatman on whatever his show is on dc.com yesterday said that he was hearing that John Garrett was not very well liked amongst the coaching staff and that he was pretty much gone.