1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Pee Wee football fight in Pearland TX

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by joseephuss, Sep 30, 2010.

1. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

20,278 Messages
    688 Likes Received
    [youtube]uyKhs6_OgxA&feature=player_embedded#![/youtube]

Coaches Brawl at Pee Wee Game, Cost Players Chance at Playoffs

So much for sportsmanship. After seeing how football can bring players, coaches, fans and communities together, here's a story from Pearland, Texas of Pee Wee coaches collectively losing their minds and brawling mid-game.

It started after two players -- one on the Hurricane, the other on the Patriots -- got into a scuffle during the game and one of the Patriots coaches came on the field to separate them. Fine. No problem. But that somehow escalated into a full-on throwdown (sucker punches included!).
  2. MonsterD

MonsterD Quota outta absentia

3,376 Messages
    191 Likes Received
    I wonder why separating the kids ended up in a brawl? Seems like both coaches would have gone out there to pull their kid off, not like a coach is gonna clock one of the kids, right,I mean that too, ...................right?

Anyway an example of consequences has to be shown to the kids, even if it does punish them. I mean what is the alternative? Not doing anything showing the kids it is ok to act like that and get off scott free. You can't just throw all coaches from both teams out of peewee. You could fine them, but how tangible is that for the kids to learn a lesson?

The parents crying that their kid got the raw end of the deal need to snap out of it and see the bigger picture here. Sorry kids just have to play the remainder to remind what consequences are in life. Not always fair is part of that lesson too.
  3. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    What's gone missing is that little kid through a heck of a block.
  4. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Wasn't that awesome?
    I love that the kid interviewed calls out the adults for their bad example. Priceless. :laugh2:
  5. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,707 Messages
    418 Likes Received
    That kid has some wheels. And that block was awesome.
  6. rkell87

rkell87 Well-Known Member

7,348 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    my uncle coaches a peewee football team in pearland, didn't see him in the video though but i guess ill ask him sometime
  7. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

31,865 Messages
    1,657 Likes Received
    Just ban the coaches from the league and let the kids play.
  8. Danny White

Danny White Winter is Coming

12,345 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Agreed. No need to punish the kids for something that isn't their fault.
  9. joseephuss

20,278 Messages
    688 Likes Received
    So they will learn that they have to suffer the consequences of other peoples actions?
  10. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    8 Likes Received
  11. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    The board should be beaten and stabbed for punishing the kids because of the coaches.

The coaches should be thrown in jail.

All the adults appear to be idiots in this case.
  12. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,667 Messages
    429 Likes Received
    Agreed ....
  13. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,239 Messages
    2,806 Likes Received
    That sounds like the easy answer to me also.
  14. Signals

Signals Suspicious looking stranger

4,583 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    The moron who punched the guy in the back of the head should get a felony assault and do jail time.
  15. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,199 Messages
    1,300 Likes Received
    No matter what you do, the kids will suffer in this situation. If you suspend the Coaches, then who coaches the kids? It's not like you can just get coaches to fill in. I believe these are playoffs they are talking about. If you do nothing, you set a bad example. It's easy to say, suspend the coaches, and I do believe that those coaches should be banned from future coaching but, honestly, it's not as simple as just going out and replacing the coaches.
  16. CowboyWay

CowboyWay If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State

4,167 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    Exactly ABQ. Ban them after the season, but you aren't going to find 6-8 guys halfway through the season to step up and take over for those coaches now.

And I agree, some of those coaches should be brought up on criminal charges.
  17. MonsterD

MonsterD Quota outta absentia

3,376 Messages
    191 Likes Received
    That or they learn it is fine to act like that any time.
  18. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

74,978 Messages
    1,556 Likes Received
    I saw an interview with one of the coaches, his claim was 2 kids got into a fight one of them was his kid. The other coach went out to break it up and threw his kid to the ground that is when the 2 men got into it. He said later he found out the other kid in the fight was the son of the coach who threw the kid to the ground. Wow that was exhausting. :lmao2:
  19. joseephuss

20,278 Messages
    688 Likes Received
    What? Why should all the kids be punished for something that the coaches did? There should be punishment for the coaches, but not for the kids that did nothing wrong. There is no lesson to be learned when you are punished for something out of your control. These kids could not control their coaches nor should they be expected,too. It would probably be fine to punish the two kids that started to squabble, but the vast majority of this mess was on the adults.
  20. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

74,978 Messages
    1,556 Likes Received
    I agree. Punishing the kids will do nothing but drive them away from the game. The 2 adults know or should have known better and should not be allowed to coach any kids sports. I was lucky growing up my folks always attended my games be it football or baseball but they never got involved in it they let that be my world. All my dad ever told me was once you start a season you finish it.