1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Pelosi Tells Illegal Immigrants That Work Site Raids are Un-American

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by JBond, Mar 18, 2009.

1. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,728 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    Pelosi Tells Illegal Immigrants That Work Site Raids are Un-American

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/03/18/pelosi-tells-illegal-immigrants-work-site-raids-american/

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi recently told a group of both legal and illegal immigrants and their families that enforcement of existing immigration laws, as currently practiced, is "un-American."

The speaker, condemning raids by Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents, referred to the immigrants she was addressing as "very, very patriotic."

"Who in this country would not want to change a policy of kicking in doors in the middle of the night and sending a parent away from their families?" Pelosi told a mostly Hispanic gathering at St. Anthony's Church in San Francisco.

It must be stopped....What value system is that? I think it's un-American. I think it's un-American."

Pelosi said she was invited to the church by Rep. Luis Gutierrez, D-Ill., as part of his 17-city, cross-country tour called United Families, which he says is intended to put a human face on the immigration debate.

"We think that families are the cornerstone of our society and our nation, and an immigration system should preserve those families, not destroy them," Gutierrez told FOX News Capitol Hill Producer Chad Pergram on Tuesday.

The congressman is collecting petitions that ask President Obama to "stop the immigration raids and deportations that are tearing our marriages, families and children apart." He is expected to present those petitions when Hispanic members of Congress meet with the President Wednesday.

On Saturday night, Pelosi joined Gutierrez before a cheering crowd at St. Anthony's chanting, "Si se puede," or "Yes we can."

Referring to work site enforcement actions by ICE agents, Pelosi said, "We have to have a change in policy and practice and again ... I can't say enough, the raids must end. The raids must end.

"You are special people. You're here on a Saturday night to take responsibility for our country's future. That makes you very, very patriotic."

"I was embarrassed by what she said," said Rick Oltman, with Californians for Population Stabilization, an anti-illegal immigrant group. "Exhorting illegal aliens for taking responsibility for our country's future.... In fact, sitting there in the audience.... I really resented that comment."

"I think it was pandering to the crowd but also insulting to American citizens who consider themselves to be patriotic, who obey the rule of law," said Oltman, who shot a video of the rally.
  2. Rogah

Rogah Well-Known Member

3,845 Messages
    117 Likes Received
    I agree with this - they are indeed very patriotic. Unfortunately, their "patriotic" loyalty is given to their homelands (Mexico, Brazil, Guatemala, etc.) and not the country they illegally broke into. :mad:
  3. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,292 Messages
    1,243 Likes Received
    While I don't buy into this whole, illegal immigrants are patriotic nonsense, I do agree that kicking in someone's door in the dead of the night and sweeping them away is pretty crazy.

That being said, if you come across the border illegally, you have broken the law, so don't be too surprised when you're treated like a criminal.
  4. sacase

sacase Well-Known Member

4,304 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    I thought she took an oath to uphold and defend the constitution. She needs to be put out of office for violating that oath.
  5. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,728 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    Instead Democrats hold her up as a shining example of leadership. Pathetic.
  6. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,199 Messages
    2,038 Likes Received

They all did but unfortunatly, that oath is not worth the paper, the bible they swore on, is made of.

All BS aside Sacase, I fear for the future of our Country. People may think I'm a Drama Queen, maybe worse, but scary things are going on with our Government and how they are treating the Constitution.
  7. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,289 Messages
    4,608 Likes Received
    I need to buy stock in 3m duct tape and then get a semi trailer full to take to washington just for nancy.

Man alive that woman grates on my nerves.

You would think that so many botox injections would freeze the facial muscles and keep her from flapping her lips but noooo.

SHUT UP NANCY!
  8. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,728 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    That was a Janet Reno policy. Remember she was the one kicking down doors and ripping children away from their care givers. She was the one buning women and children alive. We are two Presidents past that. I don't remember any stories of night time raids on illegals during the Bush term. Enforcing laws at job sites is a different issue.
  9. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

5,843 Messages
    728 Likes Received
    Pelosi and Obama are one and the same. Those two are on the same page on every issue.
  10. sacase

sacase Well-Known Member

4,304 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    I actually agree with you. I think that the states have given up to much power and the Federal government has taken even more.

We seriously need to get back to states rights and a much smaller federal government.
  11. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,292 Messages
    1,243 Likes Received
    That's pretty impossible to do during times of war and economic strife, the federal government always gets bigger during times like the ones we've been in for so many years now.
  12. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,942 Messages
    356 Likes Received
    worst.speaker.ever.
  13. sacase

sacase Well-Known Member

4,304 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    Actually not, smaller federal government and more powerful state governments would aid greatly. Money would be able to go directly from the people to their own states. If they wanted a welfare state then the Federal government wouldn't be on the hook to bail them out. Economic stife is not a federal goverment function. War is, so granted you would have to maintain the budget for the pentagon, but there are several other departments that could be cut.
  14. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

6,392 Messages
    579 Likes Received

Do you even know of the document of the Constitution that is the law of our land? Much of what the Government does now, is illegal and they are taking states rights away left and right.

Stop defending them and start reminding them what they are doing is wrong.
  15. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,292 Messages
    1,243 Likes Received
    I'm not disagreeing, I'm saying the federal government always seems to get bigger during times like this, not that it's right.

You need to take some Ambien and mellow out, I'm not defending anyone. Read what I wrote before you go getting your panties all nice and twisted.
  16. Angus

Angus Active Member

5,064 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    You want her to shut up? What for? Because she is giving the game away?

Let her keep talking. The more, the better. The sooner people know what she means to do to the country, the sooner we'll be rid of her and her henchmen (or, henchpeople :p:).

Unless you are one of the henchpeople, you should want everybody to hear her gabble all the time. It is liberating!

:)
  17. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

6,392 Messages
    579 Likes Received

Time of war and economic strife are not reasons for the government to take over. They are not Kings.
  18. BrAinPaiNt

61,289 Messages
    4,608 Likes Received
    I don't care if she is good or bad for this party or that.

I just find her highly annoying, I hate to hear her voice, I hate to see her with that idiotic smug look on her face.

I have to agree with trick....worst speaker ever, or at the very least the worst one I can recall and that is not partisan at all and I don't think many would argue with her being the worst no matter what side of the political spectrum they fall on.

She is an embarrassment to politics, and man that is saying a lot, and if I was a female I would be disgusted that of the few women with political power she is a blight on other women being taken more seriously for high positions.

I did not like her when W was in office and I don't like her with Obama in office.

I wish people in her state would vote someone else in but since that is not going to happen I just wish she would shut the hell up so I don't have to hear her annoying voice and inane ramblings.

Can you tell I like her?:laugh1:
  19. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,292 Messages
    1,243 Likes Received
    I'm not sure what you don't understand, I don't disagree with you.
  20. BrAinPaiNt

61,289 Messages
    4,608 Likes Received
    Some believe if you are not with them, you are against them...and in some cases even when you are with them, they still think you are against them.

Not saying this in that particular users case...just the way things go in here sometimes.