1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Per Mort: Chip Kelly is the new Coach of the Eagles

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Bowdown27, Jan 16, 2013.

1. StanleySpadowski

StanleySpadowski Active Member

4,815 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Kelly is the future when it comes to his 4th down management but fans will be screaming for his head the first time going with the math but against conventional wisdom backfires and costs them a game.

His offense isn't going to be anything special when his talent level is constrained by having to obey a salary cap. It's not going to be 10% faster than the opponent at the next level. Defensively, he better find the best coaches in the business because his college schemes have been nothing short of a joke.
  2. jobberone

jobberone Genetically engineered moderating Orangutan Staff Member

38,262 Messages
    4,194 Likes Received
    I love this post.
  3. jobberone

jobberone Genetically engineered moderating Orangutan Staff Member

38,262 Messages
    4,194 Likes Received
    I don't disagree it can be a tool. Running QBs are not a new thing. Some of these 'new' offenses go back to the single wing and are just evolution and innovation and faster QBs. It's hard to defend things you see once or twice a year. But Ds catch up to it and when you make your QB a runner then injuries go way up because of the rules or if you will lack thereof.

If I had my druthers I'd have a guy who can pocket pass top ten, run like the wind and escape like Romo. And of course keep him healthy while doing all that. Good luck with the latter.
  4. 187beatdown

187beatdown Lack of Big Plays

3,908 Messages
    583 Likes Received
    But it's not a college offense vs college players, its a college offense vs NFL players.

Just real quick, can someone help me out here?

Why is Kiffin's more relevant resume of a superbowl championship and countless years of top 5 defenses in the NFL being ignored?
  5. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

4,234 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    :lmao2:
  6. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,544 Messages
    1,413 Likes Received
    Jeff McLane ‏@Jeff_McLane
    Just landed in Charlotte. @AdamSchefter is reporting that Chip Kelly's 5-yr deal is $6.5 mil per. That's almost double his Oregon salary.
    Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

32.5 million the going rate for an NFL HC now?
  7. EvilJerry88

EvilJerry88 Active Member

356 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    Didn't we pay Garrett $3.5 Million to be the NFL's highest paid coordinator before he was head coach?

They are paying Kelly a lot and I'm sure in the top third of the league. He was however highly coveted and I bet if he went to another team they'd be paying him just as much.

How much are we paying Garrett exactly? Is it even known?

It would be cool to see a list of all the head coaches and coordinators salaries, but I don't think terms of every head coaches contract are made public.