1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Pet cats: Edmund Gates - WR- Abeliene Christian

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by realtick, Apr 8, 2011.

1. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Name: Edmund Gates
    Position: Wide Receiver
    College: Abilene Christian
    Height/Weight: 6-0, 190

Did You Know? Gates is the nephew of former Cowboys' running back/wide receiver James Dixon, who played three seasons in Dallas from 1989-91. Gates is also the cousin of current Cincinnati Bengals RB Bernard Scott, a former ACU running back.

Strengths: One of the fastest runners in the entire draft. Even with a tweaked groin that prevented him from working out at the Senior Bowl, Gates was able to run a 4.37 time in the 40-yard dash, tying for the fastest by any receiver, along with Ricardo Lockette from Fort Valley State. Gates was a big-play threat for one of the most prolific offenses in all of Division II football the past two years. In four seasons at ACU, Gates averaged 18.2 yards per catch, including a 17.9-yard average as a senior with 66 grabs and 13 touchdowns.

read more... http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/news.cfm?id=361A4F1D-A264-E6F1-7F4F15C2AA288761
    [IMG]

[youtube]Bs4BeSDwk0w[/youtube]

[youtube]Lt5bxgVvOGk[/youtube]
  2. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    One of the few "pet cats" I have. Love the speed dimension this kid brings to the football field.
  3. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

8,035 Messages
    934 Likes Received
    I think someone will reach for him in the 3rd before we get a chance at him. Speed sells. I can see the Bengals going after him
  4. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I like him but can not see us using a 3rd on him

I rather pick WR the later rounds

Jeremy Ross WR/KR Cal 6 #210

[youtube]QGvPz1Nhfvw[/youtube]

Jeremy Ross, WR/KR, California. Ross was impressive his pro day, which led scouts to wonder why he didn’t play more as a receiver at Cal. Not only did he run very well—in the mid 4.4s—but he shined in the position drills. He ran very good routes, showing the ability to get in and out of breaks smoothly and displaying good burst out of his cuts. Teams will take a close look at Ross because he has real value as a returner.

If they believe he can also contribute as a receiver, he becomes an attractive option on draft boards. His stock has improved from undrafted to a likely sixth- or seventh-rounder.