1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Peterson's Not as Big as You'd Anticipate...

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Avery, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Avery

Avery The Dog that Saved Charleston

8,126 Messages
    616 Likes Received
    LSU lists PP as 6'1", 222, but earlier today, PP told draftcountdown.com his goal was the following:

Peterson told Shane and I that his goal is to run a 4.2 forty yard dash at 6’1 and 208 pounds

http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/SeniorBowl/Senior-Bowl-Blog.php

That's a big difference. While those are good measurables, they are not Megatron-like at the CB spot. PP also will be lucky to crack 4.4 in my opinion.

Not saying he's not a good player and not saying that I wouldn't take him at #9, but guys like Quentin Jammer were nearly the same size.
  2. Trace1015

Trace1015 Member

415 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Great if he's at round 200 but I see him running a 4.4 maybe a high 4.3
  3. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,484 Messages
    843 Likes Received
    What you missed was that he was down to 214 at the moment..which means he was heavier
  4. Avery

Avery The Dog that Saved Charleston

8,126 Messages
    616 Likes Received
    I think he's putting it out there that he intends to be a CB on the next level and not safety. If it results him looking quicker on his breaks and in his hips, it's a smart move.
  5. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Smart move on his part. If teams think he's too heavy to play cornerback and look at him only as a potential safety convert, his stock will drop which means less money.
  6. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,087 Messages
    3,075 Likes Received
    Does anybody else get the vapors when you see his name?

No?

Damnit, just me again. Love this kid. I know the Cowboys have him in the crosshairs. Hope it happens.
  7. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,284 Messages
    1,233 Likes Received
    That's actually great news for him.
  8. Trace1015

Trace1015 Member

415 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I do to I really hope we land him
  9. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    So he's not as heavy but every bit as tall?

I really don't think anyone would know the difference between 208 and 220 if they saw the guy in person.
  10. batman36

batman36 Member

508 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Peterson is my favorite player in this draft class. I hope he becomes a Cowboy! The Cowboys might be able to use him in the manner Green Bay uses Charles Woodson. Dom Capers has created a hybrid position for Woodson, and I imagine Peterson, with Rob Ryan's machinations, could be one of those type players. Physical, fast, freakish and intimidating! This defense could use some of those guys. Robert Quinn is the second choice.
  11. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,852 Messages
    1,691 Likes Received
    He is smaller than advertised- which begs the question would 208 be a weight he can perform fully at or is it too light. If his natural weight is 220, that is a problem.
  12. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,284 Messages
    1,233 Likes Received
    ...huh? So now he doesn't weigh enough and before he weighed too much? Guy can't win with some people.
  13. Nightshade

Nightshade Active Member

1,811 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If they get him, do you see the Cowboys using him at Safety or CB?
  14. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,318 Messages
    220 Likes Received
    Those 14lbs are a ton when you are trying to change directions at full speed. No question he needs to drop them if he hasn't already.
  15. burmafrd

41,852 Messages
    1,691 Likes Received
    Well SOME of us are smart enough to spot potential problems. Not just holding cheering sections.
  16. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,087 Messages
    3,075 Likes Received
    Cornerback.

I've been told he is the #1 guy on our board and we would move up to get him.
  17. 187beatdown

187beatdown Lack of Big Plays

4,065 Messages
    664 Likes Received
    That gives me chills.

EDIT: Good ones, I like Peterson.
  18. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,284 Messages
    1,233 Likes Received
    lol, smart eh? You are the same person that dared me to name one person his size that was successful, that took all of 3 seconds, and that's cause it took my 2 seconds to double check the spelling of his name.

Just let the kid work out for crying out loud. Your prophecies of doom are based on NOTHING other than what his bathroom scale says.
  19. burmafrd

41,852 Messages
    1,691 Likes Received
    And you are as usual out to lunch. I was talking weight not height which you completely missed as usual. Not one single NFL starting CB weights close to 220. Maybe you might want to read for a change.
  20. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,284 Messages
    1,233 Likes Received
    I don't talk football with people that can't express themselves without hurling insults. I let the first one slide, but clearly you have nothing else to add to this conversation. Enjoy your day.