1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Peyton Hillis anyone?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by BEMYDADJERRY, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Awakened

Awakened the Dude abides

772 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    Any Razorback fan will tell you that there is no love lost between Peyton and Nutt. Peyton isn't likely to play for Nutt again.
  2. alohawg

alohawg Active Member

1,241 Messages
    12 Likes Received

I 2nd this.
  3. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,156 Messages
    2,751 Likes Received
    Watching Hillis play in Kansas City each week has really soured me on him. I expect so much more when he came from Cleveland. I can tell you the Chef fans are ready to see him go if that tells you anything.
  4. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

22,463 Messages
    519 Likes Received
    Not interested.

He's not done anything really for the last 2 years. He couldn't even find his way on the field, for the most part, this last season.

No thanks.
  5. respectdatstar

respectdatstar Member

685 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    None of our RBs have ever been Madden cover boys. So, why not?

:D
  6. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,466 Messages
    1,969 Likes Received
    Agree with this.

But... What was the issue between Hillis and Nutt that you guys are talking about?
  7. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

3,942 Messages
    425 Likes Received
    Heck no... One year wonder if I ever seen one.
  8. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

21,657 Messages
    1,527 Likes Received
    I've heard more than a few times that Hillis was not a good teammate.
    Selfish and self-centered were two things that tended to show up.
    I don't know him so I really don't know how true it is. But normally when it comes up multiple times from different origins, there's some truth to it.
  9. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,119 Messages
    1,755 Likes Received
    this^

being in cleveland i can tell you that he came in as a fan and media favorite but in the end they could not get rid of him fast enough mostly because of a big head and selfish behavior

no thanx
  10. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    The way he handled his contract situation in Cleveland was bizarre.
  11. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

59,655 Messages
    2,658 Likes Received
    The spark of the question is that Hillis and Nutt has ties as both were at Arkansas.

As another poster already pointed out, that logic is not very sound as they did not get along so I doubt Nutt would want him here nor would Hillis wish to be here.

Even if they did get along and only had a positive history and relationship with each other....his injury history the last couple years and his contract stunt with cleveland leads me to believe the cowboys would be better served just drafting another RB in the mid to lower rounds or looking elsewhere in FA.

In other words...not a good idea for a multitude of reasons.
  12. BigDave95

BigDave95 Member

627 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Peyton Hillis and Houston Nutt can't stand each other. Peyton wouldn't play through a thigh bruise and Nutt called him soft. Nutt was famous for forcing kids to play despite injuries with little to no regard for their well-being, but in this case he was right. Hogs had won 10 straight with DMac in the Wildcat and then Hillis goes out and they lose 3 straight. It was a VERY questionable injury.
  13. btcutter

btcutter Well-Known Member

2,643 Messages
    147 Likes Received
    I think Murray is a hell of a short yardage back. What we need is some SPEED back or I'll settle for another Murray.
  14. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member

3,153 Messages
    1,096 Likes Received
  15. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,466 Messages
    1,969 Likes Received
    Ok, thanks, so it was similar to what happened in Cleveland. No good.
  16. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Also, there's the matter of the fact that Nutt hasn't been offiically announced and Broaddus claims he's not being considered for a coaching staff position.
  17. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

59,655 Messages
    2,658 Likes Received
    I missed that...talk about Nutty.

Yeah Yeah very punny.
  18. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

31,798 Messages
    1,601 Likes Received
    Rather not.

I don't see a need for a short yardage guy because I think Murray can get the job done. I don't think Hillis would do as well at it to be quite honest. He doesn't look like the guy who was trucking people in Cleveland and after seeing a guy's play drop so much when he didn't get a new contract, I'd rather not have to deal with him.

Murray can handle it just fine. If it's spelling Murray you are worried about, short yardage seems like a pretty bad situation to be willing to take a hit in just to get him some rest.

Keep an eye on Jacob Hester if you want a guy for short yardage. Not quite as tall as Hillis but stocky and only a few pounds lighter. He seemed to get give Denver some goal line action when all their other players went down. With McGahee running pretty well in the last two seasons (although coming off injury), Moreno looking save his roster spot this season and their rookie Hillman, a short yardage guy might not be in the plans for Denver.
  19. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,643 Messages
    1,111 Likes Received
    He's no better in those situations than DeMarco.

If he's back on the juice I'd take a look at Hillis, other than that, I think he's pretty much done in the NFL.
  20. remdak

remdak Active Member

202 Messages
    70 Likes Received
    Peyton Hillis is a nut case (no pun intended). Don't want him anywhere near Dallas.