Peyton Manning can't win the big game.

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Sarge, Jan 16, 2005.

1. Nors

Nors Benched

22,015 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    His biggest mistake is getting owned by superior team in Pats and a far more dominant Conference. Colts are an NFC team he'd have some big wins on his mantle.

Colts D has been very poor in his years there as well.
  2. jem88

jem88 Active Member

2,698 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Manning is an incredible quarterback and a lot of his success comes from reading and outsmarting defences (the numerous audibles, etc.) However, the one guy he isn't going to outsmart is Bellichick (maybe Crennel should be mentioned as well.) That's why Bellichick is the greatest coach of the last decade- he's smarter than everyone else.
  3. diehard2294

diehard2294 America's Team

4,863 Messages
    592 Likes Received
    I will say that the colts are getting tagged as a team that cant play in bad weather.
  4. Novacek84

Novacek84 Well-Known Member

1,380 Messages
    228 Likes Received
    I'd like to agree with you but they played an OT Sunday night game in Denver 2 or 3 years ago in a driving snowstorm and they won the game. I'd say this performance today was more about not taking advantage of the NE weakness in the secondary bad weather or not. I can't figure out why any team that faces NE doesn't throw at Troy Brown every play. He's a WR not a CB, eventually you will make some plays on him.
  5. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

59,391 Messages
    11,366 Likes Received
    The last 2 years there hasn't been any.
  6. Nors

Nors Benched

22,015 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    They are so good at dropping LB's into coverage, then rushing them later.They moved safeties into corner coverage. Entire plan was to abuse Indy receivers "if" they caught the ball. It worked. In spots Pats were using 2 Dline fronts and a few No lineman looks.
  7. Nors

Nors Benched

22,015 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He made several outstanding stops. They did get Stokely to beat him a few times, but it was under crossing patterns that made little to no yards. Brown is a very good cornerback - I've watched him all season. Indy should have vertically stretched field more.
  8. Merlin

Merlin Member

415 Messages
    22 Likes Received
    Yep, you are right. Couldnt remember what the reason was to be honest with you, just knew there was a reason. ;)
  9. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That would be ideal now wouldnt it.... :D
  10. TruBlueCowboy

TruBlueCowboy New Member

7,301 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It's also difficult to win when you keep running into the best team of the 00's in the Playoffs. :D Those 49ers and Packers teams in the early 90's were pretty darn good but the Cowboys were just better. :cool: