1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

PFT: 26 players to attend the draft, and all should get drafted early

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Apr 12, 2012.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,092 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    Note, I bolded the ones cowboys might have shown interest in:
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...d-the-draft-and-all-should-get-drafted-early/
    Posted by Mike Florio on April 12, 2012, 6:46 PM EDT
    Getty ImagesLast year, a record 25 players attended the NFL draft, despite scattered suggestions by veteran players that rookies should boycott the festivities, which were held during the height of the lockout.

This year, the NFL has upped the ante. By one.

The league has announced that 26 players will attend the three-day event.

They are, in alphabetical order: Alabama safety Mark Barron; Oklahoma State receiver Justin Blackmon; LSU defensive tackle Michael Brockers; LSU cornerback Morris Claiborne; North Carolina defensive end Quinton Coples; Mississippi State defensive tackle Fletcher Cox; Stanford tight end Coby Fleener; Notre Dame receiver Michael Floyd; South Carolina cornerback Stephon Gilmore; Georgia tackle Cordy Glenn; Baylor quarterback Robert Griffin III; Alabama linebacker Dont’a Hightower; Georgia Tech receiver Stephen Hill; South Carolina defensive end Melvin Ingram; USC tackle Matt Kalil; Alabama cornerback Dre Kirkpatrick; Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck; Boise State linebacker Shea McClellin; USC defensive end Nick Perry; Memphis defensive tackle Dontari Poe; LSU receiver Rueben Randle; Alabama running back Trent Richardson; Penn State defensive tackle Devon Still; Texas A&M quarterback Ryan Tannehill; Alabama linebacker Courtney Upshaw; Baylor receiver Kendall Wright.
  2. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Pretty much removes the honor anymore. I mean you can almost have the entire 1st round there.

Pathetic move on the networks part to try and capture that Brady Quinn moment.
  3. Phrozen Phil

Phrozen Phil Active Member

3,860 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    I note that McClellin is on that list. Do you feel he's first round potential?
  4. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,707 Messages
    418 Likes Received
    Didn't they put in a rule to prohibit that?
  5. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

59,705 Messages
    2,733 Likes Received
    What rule do you mean?
  6. Yuma Cactus

Yuma Cactus Active Member

669 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    If I'm a player and get invited, I go. No questions asked. A free weekend for you and family in NY on the NFL.
  7. BrAinPaiNt

59,705 Messages
    2,733 Likes Received
    It's a memory for the player and they can always say they were one of the few select members to get to go so it is an honor for them as well.

Only thing is they better hope they don't have to sit there for some time and start sliding down the draft board as the memory might turn into a bad one for them and their families.
  8. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,707 Messages
    418 Likes Received
    I thought the league put in place something where they won't show someone that falls in the draft.
  9. Pokes28

Pokes28 Member

364 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    There were several players that declined to go to NYC that were invited.

I'm not sure that I would like to go unless I knew I was a top 15 pick.

David Harrell - Pokes
    dwh
  10. Primetime42

Primetime42 Well-Known Member

2,742 Messages
    91 Likes Received
    They're free to leave the "green room" where all the cameras are and go to a real green room that's closed off.
  11. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,111 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    If you are not REALLY sure you are going early its setting yourself up for some memorable grief.
  12. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,155 Messages
    429 Likes Received
    They need to get rid of the "on the phone" shot. Kills the announcement from the commish. Once you see that, everyone already knows the pick.
  13. jswalker1981

jswalker1981 Fact > Your Opinion

2,616 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If I was in the draft, I'd mess with the networks. Let's say I'm in this year's draft. The colts are on the clock, I'm on my phone jumping up and down, tears start coming down my face....all because I switched to Geico.
  14. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,155 Messages
    429 Likes Received
    Nice.:laugh2:
  15. PullMyFinger

PullMyFinger Old Fashioned

3,395 Messages
    0 Likes Received

ROTFLMAO...:lmao:
  16. BrAinPaiNt

59,705 Messages
    2,733 Likes Received
    :laugh2: Nice.

Was it McGahee and that one agent that started talking on the phone in order to get some team to draft him thinking he was talking to other teams.

It was a RB that had a bad injury but I can't remember if it was McGahee(sp?) or not...however I am pretty sure it was that one annoying agent and his name escapes me right now...the one that was doing the interview for TO and just kept saying Next, Next.
  17. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Lost in the Woods

4,450 Messages
    130 Likes Received
    Rosenhaus?
  18. BrAinPaiNt

59,705 Messages
    2,733 Likes Received
    Yes..I am thinking he was the one during the draft doing that with the RB and if I recall correctly it worked as a few picks later the rb was taken.

Thank you fellow fuzzy fellow. :p:
  19. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Lost in the Woods

4,450 Messages
    130 Likes Received
    I'm just glad I got it right and wasn't confusing him with the place down the street with the good brats and potato salad.
  20. fortdick

fortdick Well-Known Member

5,412 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    Odd that Fleener is going and not DeCastro.