1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

PFT: Cam Newton’s media workout happens today

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Feb 10, 2011.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,091 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/10/cam-newtons-media-workout-happens-today/
    Posted by Mike Florio on February 10, 2011, 7:33 AM EST
    Today is the day on which former Auburn quarterback Cam Newton will work out not for scouts or coaches or anyone else who may draft him in April, but for the media.

We’re told that the 45-minute session will happen at 1:00 p.m. ET at Cathedral Catholic High School in San Diego. Per the media invitation circulated in connection with this event, the workout is intended to “provide a snapshot of Cam’s daily training regimen and routine as he prepares for his NFL career.”
  2. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,657 Messages
    685 Likes Received
    Uh, is this normal? I think he's scared of how his bowl game performance effected his draft stock. Raise that stop back up, Cam! Top 8 pick!
  3. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Yawn. I wouldn't draft this kid as a QB. He is playing the wrong position.
  4. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,657 Messages
    685 Likes Received
    He's not playing the wrong position, he's just not that great a QB.
  5. Sam I Am

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Not sure if serious. :laugh2:

Cam Newton would be the same crappy QB as VY. Their great athletic ability is best used somewhere other than the QB position. Meaning, he isn't an NFL QB / playing the wrong position.
  6. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,657 Messages
    685 Likes Received
    He's not playing the wrong position anymore than Tebow is playing the wrong position.

People say oh Tebow should play RB or FB, and both are ridiculous suggestions. He's a QB and Cam is a QB. The fact that he's not an elite QB doesn't mean he's not a QB. There are plenty of not-great QB's in the NFL, and a few of them are plenty athletic.

Even Vince is a clear cut QB, his being a basketcase doesn't change that.
  7. Sam I Am

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Tebow can play QB, he just needs to fix his throwing motion. VY and Cam, not so much.
  8. ajk23az

ajk23az Through Pain Comes Clarity

7,661 Messages
    43 Likes Received
    Cam's arm strength and accuracy are WAY better than Tebows and VYs ever were in college, with a year of tutelage under the right QB coach, he's going to be a good QB.

Plus he's a better runner than both.
  9. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,657 Messages
    685 Likes Received
    You can't be serious.
  10. ringmaster

ringmaster Active Member

1,697 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    I agree with this Newton, is a much better passer than both Young, and Tebow coming out of college.

I think that Newton has a whole lot to prove at the next level simply because of the tag he's getting some compare him to Tebow, Young, and some even has the audacity to him compare to JaMarcus Russell.

I compare him to an athletic version of Josh Freeman, but Freeman is a much better passer we shall see though.