1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

PFT: DeSean Jackson out for season with fractured ribs

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Reality, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,704 Messages
    218 Likes Received
    Of course I'm like this all the time cause I'm not a QUITTER. How do you QUIT when you're still in the hunt regardless of the circumstances. This is a week to week league and anything can happen BUT IT CAN'T HAPPEN IF THE TEAM QUITS LIKE YOU DID.
  2. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

10,227 Messages
    1,708 Likes Received
    Do you say the same thing when the homers attack the realists for saying "I hope I am wrong" and suggest they aren't really fans?
  3. SkinsandTerps

SkinsandTerps Redskins Forever

7,408 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    Not true. And I do know.
  4. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,117 Messages
    3,151 Likes Received
    Warms my heart.
  5. links18

10,227 Messages
    1,708 Likes Received
    House, is that you? :eek:
  6. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,295 Messages
    1,467 Likes Received
    Agreed. Much worse. Sometimes I wish our team would get blown up too.
  7. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

39,108 Messages
    4,580 Likes Received
    Sometimes?! :cool:
  8. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

39,108 Messages
    4,580 Likes Received
    Actually, he rarely says anything like that so when he does I know I pay attention.
  9. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,672 Messages
    1,016 Likes Received
    oh please.

It hurts you guys more that I'm not jumping up and down saying this is a good thing that D Jack is hurt :rolleyes:

Scroll up, i got attacked first, by the cowboys message board defender of the year.

Why because I said this is no reason to get happy about anything? Because I said the eagles are just in as bad as shape as us?

You are the one, that is hurt, hence why you quoted me, telling me I'm a quitter.

I hope the cowbys can turn it around, i really do. But we had our backs against the wall, with a decently healthy team, trying to make some noise, and we lay an egg. With a team in a much worse position health wise, and nothing has changed play calling wise, i should think we are going to steam roll the eagles, and force our way into the playoffs? Yeah ok
  10. Frozen700

12,672 Messages
    1,016 Likes Received
    Quitting and being realistic are 2 different things.

We couldn't do anything with a pretty healthy roster, what's to change now?

We win 1 or 2, maybe 3 games? Maybe we sneak into the playoffs, maybe not...then what? We lose maybe? and sit pretty with a draft pick, in the middle of the pack.

The only hope i have of us turning it around, is if garret stops trying to scare teams with the run, and this slow tempo.

We play better at a faster pace with Romo doing what he does. We can't wait till a team hangs a 2 score lead on us, before we let the dogs out.
  11. fifaguy

fifaguy Well-Known Member

4,908 Messages
    984 Likes Received
    Agree. There are no easy games for these Cowboys. They will find a way to make it interesting...
  12. Frozen700

12,672 Messages
    1,016 Likes Received
    Of course not....

but what else is new?
  13. Frozen700

12,672 Messages
    1,016 Likes Received
    Exactly....

and this is all that I'm saying.

We have yet to come out no matter a teams situation, and completely dominate them.
  14. Reality

Reality Administrator Staff Member

11,866 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received
    On many occasions I have told so-called homer fans that all opinions, including negative options, are welcome here. Some people down on the team or certain elements, state their opinions, back them up with facts, etc. Others, simply attack people who dare show support for the team simply because it hinders their ability to justify their own beliefs since not everyone agrees with them. Hard to garner support for petitions, billboards, newspaper ads and the like if a lot of people still support the team.

Like Romo? Hate Romo? Like Jerry? Hate Jerry? Like Garrett? Hate Garrett? I don't care. I have my own opinions and I share them from time to time knowing that not everyone will agree with me. The different is that I don't emotionally need other people to agree with me on anything. When I see people chastise, attack or insult other people simply because they don't see things the same way, I feel sorry for them.

The odds of someone changing someone else's mind on their opinions are very low. Trying to do it by insulting or through intimidation using words like "real fans", "happy fans", "homers" and the ever popular "I'm a realist" or "I'm being realistic" is nothing more than desperation showing they either have no faith in the validity of their opinions. That goes for both sides of the arguments in the never ending homers-vs-haters war.

#reality
  15. Reality

11,866 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received
    I am not hurt at all. I simply trying to understand why it is so important to you that no one else show support for their favorite team? I don't look down on you for hating aspects of the team. I may disagree with you on some things, but I also disagree with those who think everything is great and I have made that known from time to time when I post my opinions.

I just cannot understand why it is so important that others hate the areas of the team you hate. Given how many anti-Cowboys posts you make these days, I am not surprised that some people push your buttons because they know how tightly wound you are. There are some people that you would call "homers" that are the same way and they regularly have their buttons pushed by other users.

As for commentary on the article I posted, I made none. I saw an article that I felt would be interesting to some fans since we are about to play the Eagles so I posted it. Any conclusions you drew based on me posting the article were ill-conceived and without merit. I haven't even stopped to think about how Jackson being out will affect the game because we have lost several good players as well so seeing one player out on the other team really has very little impact on my optimism or pessimism of how the Cowboys will do against the Eagles.

#reality
  16. Carl23

Carl23 Member

287 Messages
    24 Likes Received

What a classless comment by the reporter/commentator.
  17. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,462 Messages
    6,029 Likes Received
    anti-cowboys? do you mean anti-losing?
  18. Reality

11,866 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received
    No, I meant what I said. Most fans including so-called "homers" are anti-losing so it would have been pointless to state that.

#reality
  19. links18

10,227 Messages
    1,708 Likes Received
    How about "quitters" There is a poster going around and calling people who don't think we are making the playoffs "quitters" in multiple threads right now.
  20. Frozen700

12,672 Messages
    1,016 Likes Received
    Where have I made it a point, or suggested that I wanted this or that guy to agree with me?

If anything you should be quoting the other guy, asking him this question, he came at me saying "*** am i talking about"...If that's not getting defensive over my opinion, and wanting me to agree with him, then i don't know what is.

So I'm just supposed to sit back, have him call me a quitter, but when i attack back saying he's a homer, I'm a villain? I also murder cats for fun, while were at it.

I'm not quitting, I'm just saying this team has shown nothing to suggest having a ton of hope or optimism about anything. I still want us to do something, i think there is a small chance, but am I willing to bet? Nope...I didn't throw in the towel on this game, just said we will struggle.

I didn't say anything about you and this injury news. I was referring to the fact that I made a statement for anybody who thinks this a good thing, to not get their hopes up, and I got attacked for saying we shouldn't laugh at the eagles. I was making a point to you, not saying you said it.