1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

PFT: Huge announcement" coming from Eagles, supposedly

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Jul 22, 2010.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    Huge announcement" coming from Eagles, supposedly
    Posted by Mike Florio on July 22, 2010 11:50 AM ET
    We prefer Twitter to Facebook, for reasons that we both can and can't articulate. But we keep an eye on the Facebook thing from time to time, especially since every once in a while, there's something newsworthy on there.

On the Facebook page that purports to be the official Facebook page of the Philadelphia Eagles, the team says that a "huge announcement" is coming today at 3:00 p.m. ET.

Specifically, the message is to tune in to the team's website for a "huge announcement about the 2010 season!"

The presence of the exclamation point suggests to us that the announcement is anything but "huge," and that it's part of a plan to get people to buy something they aren't currently inclined to buy.

Either way, we'll let you know what the announcement is, but only if it's truly not part of a plan to get people to buy something they aren't currently inclined to buy.

Meanwhile, may we interest you in the PFT Season Preview magazine?
  2. Hagman

Hagman Put Niland and Green in the ROH

1,272 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    They're probably going to announce that since Andy Reid gained another 100 pounds during the offseason that he's going to be carted around the field now on the bed of a specially designed 18-wheeler.
  3. cowboyjoe

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    lol too funny :laugh2:

i just imagine their going to release vick;
  4. DallasCowboysRule!

DallasCowboysRule! Well-Known Member

1,671 Messages
    325 Likes Received
    I'd pay to see him have to ride around on the side lines in one of thos motorized wheel chairs.
  5. HoosierCowboy

HoosierCowboy Put Pearson in the HOF

2,113 Messages
    44 Likes Received
    :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:
    or pulled on a dog sled piloted by Vick
  6. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

9,762 Messages
    1,779 Likes Received
    The fans revolted and want Mcnabb back, so they traded Ron Jaworski to the Redskins for McNabb and 3 1st round picks. Then they will announce McNabb will be be the #3 QB. But the fans will be happy.
  7. The Dallas1575

The Dallas1575 Member

80 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    this :laugh1:
  8. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

18,128 Messages
    1,825 Likes Received
    That was my first thought, but if they're publicizing it as exciting news it wouldn't be them admitting that they made a collossal mistake in signing Vick.

Teams hate to admit when they make mistakes and I can't see one making an even bigger deal out of it.

Maybe they're the first team to reach an agreement with a 1st round draft choice?
  9. Eldorado

Eldorado Member

874 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah, because when they decided they were going to release Vick they all sat around and said "I know, let's make a mockery out of him and announce it when our entire fanbase is watching on the computer, and we'll advertise it by saying something gleeful like "Huge announcement!".

:banghead:
  10. Bonecrusher#31

Bonecrusher#31 Active Member

1,817 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    ...." T.O. is backkkkkk "
  11. cowboyjoe

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    no telling then, what im worried about, they made some kind of super trade for some player,

(right now, dont think its likely, and pure worry here, but totally doubtful, what if the eagles just made a trade for chris johnson from titans)?
  12. cowboyjoe

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    could be, but i doubt it, the eagles are loaded at wr,
  13. Eldorado

Eldorado Member

874 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    ...he was joking.
  14. cowboyjoe

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    i realized it after i replied, sometimes i get caught up in things, and start worrying like eagles getting some super player

but now after ive calmed down, after eagles supposedly big announcement, im thinking like someone posted, eagles are going to announce the first round draft pick signed, that makes more sense

but like i said in another post, sometimes i catch my own pants on my own pitchfork

bottomline, i dont want the eagles to get any super player in a trade, i want to whoop up on the eagles for 3-4 years, we owe them big time for past years they have beat up on us, and how reid has laughed at us
  15. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

11,080 Messages
    487 Likes Received
    or subway named a sandwich after him
  16. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Lurie:

"After getting spanked by the Cowboys 3 times last year, we have petitioned (ie, begged) the league to remove the Cowboys from our 2010 schedule, and the legaue has accepted our proposal to replace Dallas with 3 games vs the local Philadelphia college teams"
  17. LeonDixson

LeonDixson Illegitimi non carborundum

9,730 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    I bet it's some kind of marketing ploy.
  18. Hagman

Hagman Put Niland and Green in the ROH

1,272 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    And the early Las Vegas line has the Temple Owls favored by 3.
  19. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,876 Messages
    1,478 Likes Received
    10% off bulletproof vests with Vick's name embroidered on the back

and

One free ice cream cone to anyone tazered on the field
  20. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    announcning The lincs new alcohol policy....

Kids drink free....

Thanks for visiting philadelphia.