1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: PFT: Jason Garrett Interview Transcript - 05/09/11

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by zrinkill, May 10, 2011.

1. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,667 Messages
    429 Likes Received
    Jason Garrett interview transcript

MF: Coach, thanks for taking some time.

JG: Thank you Mike, thanks for having us on.

MF: So, what’s going on down there? I mean, we’re 8-9 days removed from the draft and we’re back in the lockout. Anything happening?

JG: Well, you know, it was awfully lonely on Monday after the draft. You know, typically you finish up over the weekend and you’re excited about having your rookies come in typically the following week and you’re excited about getting practice schedules together and talking about how everyone is going to fit together and you know, it was pretty quiet on that Monday. So, I guess what you do more than anything else is wrap up the draft, you have those discussion about how things went and you know, you start doing some offseason opponent stuff and your really doing a lot of things you would do in a shorter period of time and you’re just stretching it out over the week, over the course of the offseason because typically we would have the players in now.

MF: There was an unnamed head coach who told Peter King of SI.com before the draft that Andy Dalton’s red hair could be a red flag at the quarterback position. Is it safe to say that you are not the source for that report?

JG: I think it’s fairly safe, you know, the red heads continue to try to stick together and find their way in the world. So, I was definitely on Dalton’s side.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/05/10/jason-garrett-interview-transcript/
  2. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,489 Messages
    3,318 Likes Received

Posted by Mike Florio on May 10, 2011, 8:38 AM EDT

[Editor's note: Cowboys coach Jason Garrett joined PFT Live on Monday. He touched on so many interesting topics that we decided to transcribe the entire interview. So here it is.]

MF: So, what’s going on down there? I mean, we’re 8-9 days removed from the draft and we’re back in the lockout. Anything happening?

Read the rest: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/05/10/jason-garrett-interview-transcript/
  3. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

14,219 Messages
    254 Likes Received
    Posted by Mike Florio on May 10, 2011, 8:38 AM EDT

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/05/10/jason-garrett-interview-transcript/

[Editor's note: Cowboys coach Jason Garrett joined PFT Live on Monday. He touched on so many interesting topics that we decided to transcribe the entire interview. So here it is.]

JG: Well, you know, it was awfully lonely on Monday after the draft. You know, typically you finish up over the weekend and you’re excited about having your rookies come in typically the following week and you’re excited about getting practice schedules together and talking about how everyone is going to fit together and you know, it was pretty quiet on that Monday. So, I guess what you do more than anything else is wrap up the draft, you have those discussion about how things went and you know, you start doing some offseason opponent stuff and your really doing a lot of things you would do in a shorter period of time and you’re just stretching it out over the week, over the course of the offseason because typically we would have the players in now...