1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: PFT: Jason Garrett: Morris Claiborne needs to become “stronger”

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by NewsBot, Mar 26, 2014.

1. 17yearsandcounting

17yearsandcounting Benched

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received
    Mo is soft and isnt as athletic as elite corners. His time is limited. Wonder if he was a Lacewell pick......
  2. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

54,259 Messages
    7,130 Likes Received
    The 45th pick turned out to be Alshon Jeffery.
  3. Big D

Big D Well-Known Member

2,280 Messages
    130 Likes Received
    pot meet kettle.
    khiladi likes this.
  4. Little Jr

Little Jr Well-Known Member

2,764 Messages
    353 Likes Received
    They said the same thing last offseason. They said he wasn't strong enough an it was due to him not working out in the offseason because of thr wrist injury. What's the excuse now?
  5. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

80,841 Messages
    5,131 Likes Received
    Off season is happening now and they want him to get stronger, nowhere did he state that Claiborne is not working out and trying to increase his strength. I guess we will find out if he has accomplished this goal come training camp until then the object is for him to get stronger.
  6. Carharris2

Carharris2 Well-Known Member

1,887 Messages
    850 Likes Received
    Like many corners doesn't like contact. Also, doesn't seem to hold up well when contact occurs.
    Hope he gets better. A lot better.
  7. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

7,849 Messages
    1,445 Likes Received
    You guys said Webb was going to be the "Scandrick replacement" and look how that turned out? Things change from year to year. Guys can fall off just as quick as they can turn it on.
  8. Little Jr

2,764 Messages
    353 Likes Received

Yes and my point is this same time last year they said he needed to get stronger. They said last offseason that he wasn't strong enough his rookie year because he couldn't work out in the off season because of the wrist injury. He had all last off season to get stronger and obvious he didn't since they are saying the same thing this year. No where did I state he wasn't working hard. I'm just wondering why is it that back to back of seasons they claim he needs to get stronger.
  9. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

13,288 Messages
    2,778 Likes Received
    Guys, it's happening. Jason Garrett, per Jerry's plan, is making his presence felt on defense! Success is around the corner... The light at the end of the tunnel!
  10. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

13,288 Messages
    2,778 Likes Received
    To which Claiborne responded, "Garrett take your own advice."
    Fredd likes this.
  11. Doomsday101

80,841 Messages
    5,131 Likes Received
    Dallas was not playing much zone in his rookie year and it was not a bad rookie year for him. Moving into the zone has been an issue for him because he lacks the strength you need to play in a zone coverage. He battled injuries last season that did effect his ability to work out. It is not an excuse it is just a fact. I do think this is a make or break year for him, as a Cowboy fan I hope he can gain the strength this off season and help this team out. Believe me I’m not excusing nothing, Dallas gave up a lot to get him and he has yet to live up to that. Heading into his 3rd season he really needs to step up or else he in all likelihood will be gone.
    Little Jr likes this.
  12. Little Jr

2,764 Messages
    353 Likes Received
    Lol just to be clear I'm not one of the resident mo bashers or trading up for m bashers. I to belive this is a make or break year for him. I also thing the switch in the d was a issue for him. I think he played well his rookie year. I just worry when 2 straight off season the hc comes out and says he needs to get stronger. I agree with everything you said.
  13. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,200 Messages
    185 Likes Received
    Coach, I assumed you guys checked his strengh at the combine before trading up for him in the draft--right?
  14. jrumann59

jrumann59 Well-Known Member

5,081 Messages
    734 Likes Received
    He had the wrist injury he was recovering from during the combine so no bench press though I would expect he would have topped out at 10 max.
  15. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

11,576 Messages
    1,696 Likes Received
    I was wondering if 'stenght' is related to how bad he smells.

Then I saw this, ... is it a mental block?

Ha, just teasing guys!
    CrazyCowboy likes this.
  16. Doomsday101

80,841 Messages
    5,131 Likes Received
    Hands not working well today. RA is a batch.
  17. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,946 Messages
    3,294 Likes Received
    He's been working very hard this offseason.
  18. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,946 Messages
    3,294 Likes Received
    Somebody quote this and print it out and frame it.
  19. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

6,521 Messages
    811 Likes Received
    I think he's going to surprise people. The pass defense was better with him in the lineup and he is going to get better.
  20. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

5,130 Messages
    827 Likes Received
    2 interceptions in 2 years is embarrassing.