1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

PFT Jerry Jones: Garrett Doesn't Have To Make Playoffs

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by birdwells1, Mar 26, 2014.

1. fifaguy

fifaguy Well-Known Member

3,924 Messages
    507 Likes Received
  2. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Well-Known Member

1,864 Messages
    577 Likes Received
    Understandable. As I've said before, I liked him at first. Then when the mistakes piled up and Jerry made excuses the dislike and resentment came out because I saw where it was going at that time. To me it is more frustrating to hear Jerry make excuses for him as a GM than to actually see Garrett coach.
  3. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,058 Messages
    1,615 Likes Received
    I think Jerry is trying to be supportive of Garrett, if he is going to slam him threaten him then may as well walk away from him but for right or wrong Jerry is letting Garrett work under his contract. Again if Jerry was 100% sold he would have extended the contract yet he hasn't. What Jerry says to the media right now about Garrett safety is meaningless.
    HoustonFrog likes this.
  4. Avery

Avery The Dog that Saved Charleston

7,812 Messages
    299 Likes Received
    It's a process, people. The only people who need to be worried about us never winning a championship again are those over the age of 30.
    George and khiladi like this.
  5. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,249 Messages
    631 Likes Received
    That'ste="visionary, post: 5493218, member: 3516"]or year 4 of a 10 year rebuild[/quote]

That's the trick isn't it:)
  6. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

37,829 Messages
    1,087 Likes Received
    Without new direction and a new young QB to take over, may as well keep him. I would hate to bring in a new hotshot QB and have him be coached by stupidity like Garrett and his goons.
    khiladi likes this.
  7. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,417 Messages
    1,459 Likes Received
    This thread cracks me up.
    waving monkey likes this.
  8. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

37,829 Messages
    1,087 Likes Received
    Yet, that stadium will be packed through out the year, I don't know why. I'm begging fans to not go to that money swallowing sink hole for Jerry Jones. Stop buying his crap, stop spending any money on this product until this old fool is force to STHU and get real people in here to run this team.
    khiladi and BoysFan4ever like this.
  9. ConstantReboot

ConstantReboot Well-Known Member

2,021 Messages
    395 Likes Received
    All that Jerry Jones has invested in Garrett was his ego. He just doesn't want to be proven wrong by the pundits that he made a bad decision. Like I mentioned before, Garrett was the worst thing that could happen to this organization. His nothing more than a puppet "yesman" and Jerry loves those types. Garrett's a wimp. He won't rock the boat because of the fear of losing his position on how to be head coach. Will see more of the same mediocre results from Garrett and the same mediocrity thats going to permeate throughout the future of this organization.
    khiladi likes this.
  10. Doomsday101

75,058 Messages
    1,615 Likes Received
    Beg all you want I'm going to the games, I pull for the Cowboys not other fans. Why fricken bother go find a team you can support instead of telling others not to go.
    waving monkey and casmith07 like this.
  11. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

4,111 Messages
    796 Likes Received
    Well there goes my hope of a real coach with a young QB in the next year
    khiladi likes this.
  12. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

8,892 Messages
    868 Likes Received
    Chances Romo stays healthy all season? Another built in excuse?
  13. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,233 Messages
    1,324 Likes Received
    5Stars, birdwells1 and khiladi like this.
  14. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

11,633 Messages
    641 Likes Received
    I agree.

YR
  15. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

11,326 Messages
    1,624 Likes Received
    I just heard this morning on NFL Network, at the conference, Jason Garrett talking about his great QB culture of not just Romo, but Kitna and Orton as well. I just chuckled...
    links18 likes this.
  16. TrailBlazer

TrailBlazer Well-Known Member

1,423 Messages
    526 Likes Received
    I think this is JGs last season, barring a miracle. There would be no earthly explanation for extending him.
    BoysFan4ever likes this.
  17. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,235 Messages
    1,978 Likes Received
    Jerry is not going to give up his pet monkey, I am more convinced of that than anything.

He has spent years training his monkey and he is not going to let a little detail like losing mess up his plans
    links18 and BoysFan4ever like this.
  18. Doomsday101

75,058 Messages
    1,615 Likes Received
    Then where is the contract? Garrett deal has not been extended if Jerry was that sure he would have no problem signing Garrett to a longer term deal but that deal has not been discussed or signed
    casmith07 likes this.
  19. waving monkey

waving monkey Well-Known Member

1,151 Messages
    330 Likes Received
    there you are
  20. waving monkey

waving monkey Well-Known Member

1,151 Messages
    330 Likes Received
    it's Jerry's way. folks Jerry has told you now to keep complaining is insane