1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

PFT: Jerry trying to get Jason to give up play calling

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Joe Realist, Jan 12, 2013.

1. erod

erod Well-Known Member

4,540 Messages
    1,541 Likes Received
    Agree our disagree with these moves, most agree this is NOT the way you do it.

Jerry hasn't a clue how to run an organization.

He might as well fire Garrett. He's already castrated him in the eyes of the team, the fans, and the media.

Garrett the Unic.
  2. cowboyeric8

cowboyeric8 Chicks dig crutches

5,228 Messages
    97 Likes Received
    He isn't going anywhere.
  3. Gemini Dolly

Gemini Dolly Well-Known Member

6,402 Messages
    548 Likes Received
    Dont toy with my emotions.

Please let this happen.
  4. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

5,567 Messages
    505 Likes Received
    Last year, the only thing that kept Garrett from getting fired was his guaranteed contract. Not so much starting now. And JJ can make things very uncomfortable for Garrett to force him out.

Start with having him fire his brother. Take playcalling away from him. Not many cards left for Garrett. Either he accepts it and keeps his job (for the time being) or he resigns. Resigning would make Jerry Jones very happy. Don't hacve to pay Garrett anymore and get a better head coach, not someone who is prone to brain farts.

My guess is that this is Garrett's final year here, and there is a high likelihood that Garrett gets canned mid-season.
  5. Reality

Reality Administrator Staff Member

11,574 Messages
    1,089 Likes Received
    Of course they "want" one of their candidates hired, everyone would. My point is that a lot of fans attack Jerry's intelligence in his football decisions, yet they seem to assume that if he were to fire Garrett, he would all of a sudden be football smart and choose one of their candidates.

If he fires Garrett, I won't fret over it and if he keeps him, I won't fret over it. That said, it would concern me if he fired Garrett and replaced him with someone like a Dave Campo (not him, someone like him) type setting up 2-3 more years of mediocrity or worse.

I just don't see the logic that some fans are using in doubting Jerry's ability to manage the football team but they are ready and willing to let him make the most important decision an owner makes for a team as if his football smarts would suddenly elevate to genius.

/reality
  6. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,119 Messages
    1,184 Likes Received
    yea, it's JONES IS A MEDDLER AND HE SUCKS!

now it's GET IN THERE AND DO SOMETHING!!!!

my head can't spin that fast.
  7. Reality

11,574 Messages
    1,089 Likes Received
    Exactly!

/reality
  8. erod

erod Well-Known Member

4,540 Messages
    1,541 Likes Received
    There is a proper way to do this behind the scenes so your coach can be the voice and front man.

How many coordinators get hired like they do here in the league? Remember Garrett before Wade? That was odd, too.
  9. Reality

11,574 Messages
    1,089 Likes Received
    I can definitely agree with that.

/reality
  10. iceberg

28,119 Messages
    1,184 Likes Received
    are you behind the scenes or getting your info from a media designed to sway opinions? unless you're behind the scenes and in the office, you have ZERO idea of what is real.

until you make it up based off tabloid trash that fosters around an deeply pre-existing base of people do it to?
  11. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,332 Messages
    713 Likes Received
  12. iceberg

28,119 Messages
    1,184 Likes Received
    MAY BE
    COULD BE

they're basically doing nothing more than we're doing in the forums. throwing crap on the wall then twisting things to make it stick.

and ya'll e.a.t.i.t.u.p. with a spoon.
  13. wileedog

wileedog Well-Known Member

9,865 Messages
    560 Likes Received
    Even Snyder managed to hire Shanahan. Its not like hiring Holmgren would be a stroke of genius.
  14. Bluestang

Bluestang Well-Known Member

5,254 Messages
    468 Likes Received

Dick LeBeau was rehired in 2004 as the DC and Mike Tomlin came on board in 2007.

Do you think Tomlin was given full authority to hire his own staff or Mr. Rooney told him don't mess it up?

Tomlin is probably the best example of a figure head in an organization that was handed everything to him on a platter.
  15. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,381 Messages
    382 Likes Received
    Whoa, this is like an 80s' Soap Opera. When's the next Labor disagreement. Nothing from nothing equals ... uh yeh that...again.

I ain't skeered, gimme' sum of that movie pops carwn Michael Jackson! Got any more of that hair spray we can shoot up in our spines?

Garrett's not going anywhere, he must stay and suffer getting banged by Jones along with the rest of us Corn Hullios.
  16. HowAboutThemCowboys

HowAboutThemCowboys Well-Known Member

2,449 Messages
    281 Likes Received
    I don't like the Redball/Geezer combo, but I could live with the Chucky/Geezer combo.
  17. cowboysooner

cowboysooner Well-Known Member

1,382 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    The rooneys run every facet of that organization they do it with a bit less media and usually more tact. But Remember last year when they fired Arians because they threw too much and he was too tight with Big Ben Those were not tomlin decisions and they weren't really masked as such.

What I am concerned with is that we go from one year that employs a defense predicated on man corners and great outside backers to a defense that uses zone corners who are good tacklers

Ryan was not aggressive enough this year when we were healthy but he was not our downfall tho he has been painted as such by stretch smiths of the world.
  18. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,332 Messages
    713 Likes Received
    Yes. It tastes great too. I'm killing it with some fava beans.
  19. Bluestang

Bluestang Well-Known Member

5,254 Messages
    468 Likes Received
    Man or zone schemes require good tacklers. Tackling is a basic fundamental of the game.
  20. DOUBLE WING

DOUBLE WING Well-Known Member

2,988 Messages
    540 Likes Received
    I believe I'm in the crowd you're talking about, so I'll try to explain.

I don't want Jason Garrett to be our Head Coach. However, if he's going to stay in that capacity, it should be under his terms.

It all goes back to the Jerry problem. Jerry has actually found a way to make us feel sympathetic for Garrett. If you don't have faith in Garrett running the team the way he wants to run it, then fire him.