1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

PFT: Redskins believed to be talking to Falcons about Brunell

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Aug 20, 2007.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

65,388 Messages
    4,347 Likes Received
    POSTED 2:02 p.m. EDT, August 20, 2007

BRUNELL TO FALCONS?

David Elfin of the Washington Times reports that the Redskins are believed to be talking to the Falcons about a trade that would send quarterback Mark Brunell to Atlanta.

The Falcons have a clear need at the position following the recent ACL injury suffered by backup D.J. Shockley, a fan favorite due to his local connections. The only other quarterbacks on the roster are Joey Harrington and Chris Redman.

Though the Falcons could choose to go with two signal-callers on the regular-season roster, it might be wise to add a veteran like Brunell. If Harrington isn't effective, Brunell might be able to step in and salvage what otherwise would be a lost season. Redman hasn't played in a regular-season game since 2003.

Meanwhile, we think it's odd that a stodgy old-media type like Elfin would try to display some bloggers' humor and attitude by referring to Mike Vick as "Dogfighting Man."

Rule No. 1, Dave? If you want to let your hair down in the blog format with an effort at the kind of humor that can't be used when writing for the fish wrap, it's usually more effective if the end result is, you know, humorous.
  2. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,442 Messages
    3,707 Likes Received
    If true it would make many skins fans happy. Many feel that at some point Gibbs would put MB back in if campbell struggled and they are tired of seeing MB at QB.
  3. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,141 Messages
    1,461 Likes Received
    I just wonder how good the Falcons oline really is at pass blocking? With Vick's mobility I'm sure they did not have to be REAL good at it? :confused:

If I were an immobile QB, I think the last place I would want to go is the Falcons...
  4. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

8,660 Messages
    319 Likes Received
    Let's trade the Falcons Brad Johnson. ha ha

I bet the Falc's are PO'd they missed a chance at snagging Vinny T from the old folks home.

:laugh2:
  5. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,442 Messages
    3,707 Likes Received
    Wonder if they smack themselves everyday for not keeping schaub.
  6. CoCo

CoCo Well-Known Member

5,532 Messages
    91 Likes Received
    Yeah Dave, maybe you could simply call him a turd. That's always good humor. :rolleyes:

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black...
  7. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,779 Messages
    522 Likes Received
    This is good stuff. I get the feeling that the Redskins are going to end up giving up several draft picks somehow. Even if they're trading a player away, they'll probably still give up a draft pick or two.
  8. LowTech

LowTech the most important member

1,798 Messages
    4 Likes Received

Its what they do :D
  9. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,821 Messages
    2,671 Likes Received
    :laugh2:

Synder: "We need a fourth for Brunell."

Atlanta: "Okay, but we get your fifth, sixth, and seventh back, plus your fourth in 2009."

Snyder: "Deal!"
  10. EGG

EGG Well-Known Member

4,303 Messages
    291 Likes Received

The Espy's need to add an "Ooooooops Award" this year and name it after Atlanta's GM,,,,
  11. TunaFan33

TunaFan33 Benched

1,824 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    How do the Skins keep shooting themselves in the foot and gutting out ALOT of their draft picks?

Remember 3 years ago, Denver had no interest in extending Portis, and Champ wanted out of Washington. In a normal environment, it would have been a PLAYER *for* a PLAYER-but somehow, the Skins ended up forking over a #2 to the Broncos.
  12. LaTunaNostra

LaTunaNostra He Made the Difference

14,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Too funny, CL!!
  13. Big Dakota

Big Dakota New Member

11,875 Messages
    0 Likes Received

:bang2:
  14. Big Dakota

Big Dakota New Member

11,875 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Vinny Cerrato will tell you, the only way to build a champion is through FA;)
  15. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,351 Messages
    1,989 Likes Received
    You mean Vinny Cerrato AKA 'any redskin fan'
    I would say 'any blind homer redskin fan' but you pretty much have to be a blind homer to be a redskin fan

:laugh1:
  16. FLcowboy

FLcowboy Hopeful this is the year Zone Supporter

3,652 Messages
    24 Likes Received

How much worse could Atlanta be with Brunell? How much worse could the Redskins be without Brunell?

Who is going to save the Redskins' season if Campbell goes down permanently. He took a pretty good lick the other night, and stayed down. The Skins might want to keep his backup nearby.
  17. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

23,276 Messages
    522 Likes Received

They called but he was taking his 2nd afternoon nap. They forgot to call back.
  18. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,645 Messages
    140 Likes Received
    :lmao2:
  19. fortdick

fortdick Well-Known Member

5,412 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    I wonder if they have a staff of coaches in Atlanta trying to create an entirely new offensive playbook. I can;t see the offensive line holding their pass blocks for two seconds then running downfield to block for Brunell.
  20. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

23,276 Messages
    522 Likes Received

With Brunell back there.... there is a very good chance that the 2007 Falcons look like the 2006 Cowboys(with Bledsoe) in the first 5.5 games