1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

PFT:Report: Ryan Mallett in play for Redskins at No. 10 overall

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Apr 18, 2011.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,020 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    Report: Ryan Mallett in play for Redskins at No. 10 overall
    Posted by Evan Silva on April 18, 2011, 6:32 PM EDT
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...allett-in-play-for-redskins-at-no-10-overall/

[IMG]
    Citing a source “extremely close to the Washington Redskins,” NFL Network’s Michael Lombardi reported on Path to the Draft Monday evening that Mike Shanahan’s club has legitimate first-round interest in Arkansas quarterback Ryan Mallett.

Specifically, Lombardi asked the source about Shanahan’s targets with the tenth pick in the draft. The source told Lombardi, “Don’t rule out Ryan Mallett” becoming Shanny’s next franchise quarterback.
  2. Bizwah

Bizwah Well-Known Member

5,827 Messages
    43 Likes Received
    I think this is a brilliant move by the Skins.

Now, how many teams will be desperate to trade up?
  3. cowboyjoe

28,020 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    I betcha if we cant trade up to be Patrick Peterson, Vikings and Dolphins may come calling to trade up with us in front of Redskins. :starspin
  4. Teague31

Teague31 Defender of the Star

6,051 Messages
    205 Likes Received
    we can only hope. this guy is going to be a major bust. just like crash said to nuke in bull durham "million dollar arm, five cent brain".
  5. ABQcowboyJR

ABQcowboyJR Well-Known Member

2,729 Messages
    56 Likes Received
    Matt leinart anyone....?
  6. MarionBarberThe4th

MarionBarberThe4th Well-Known Member

11,714 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    Where do I sign?
  7. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I laugh because he's a major reach and not worth the 10th pick.

I cringe because a part of me knows he can become a hell of a NFL QB if he can keep his head clean.
  8. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

2,659 Messages
    407 Likes Received
    Matt Leinart didn't/doesnt have 1/2 the arm Mallet does. I love Mallet, I think he will be the clear cut best QB in this draft. With that being said, it would still be stupid to draft him 10th. They could probably trade back at least 10 spots to get him. Mallet is more than likely off of a lot of teams boards all together and I'm sure there's a good amount of teams that value Locker and possibly Ponder higher than him
  9. jobberone

jobberone Orangutan for hire; blues and southern rock Staff Member

33,443 Messages
    1,809 Likes Received
    This. Got an arm and isn't as bad as some suggest. Still a reach at ten although not as much as many would think.
  10. ABQcowboyJR

ABQcowboyJR Well-Known Member

2,729 Messages
    56 Likes Received
    You are right Leinart didn't have the arm, but it doesn't matter. Attitude is gonna put him in the same place Leinart ended up in.
  11. cowboyjoe

28,020 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    I just ran across this, you have to remember, this is the time of year you put out smoke screens too.

source tells ESPN 980 in Washington's Chris Russell that reports of the Redskins' interest in Arkansas QB Ryan Mallett is most likely a smokescreen.
    We suspected as much. "I think it's smoke," the source said. Dating back to John Elway, and continuing most recently with Donovan McNabb, Rex Grossman, and even John Beck, the Shanahan offense places heavy emphasis on athleticism from its quarterback. It's hard to imagine Mallett excelling on the bootlegs and rollouts that are such a big part of the system.
    www.rotoworld.com
  12. casmith07

casmith07 #TeamJerry

25,474 Messages
    1,017 Likes Received
    Never a reach if it's the guy you want. We should have "reached" for Max Unger.
  13. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

26,870 Messages
    1,134 Likes Received
    I like Mallett but not in a West Coast system.

That doesn't seem like a good fit.
  14. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,044 Messages
    873 Likes Received
    Like I have been saying you will start to hear about a lot of QBs possibly going in round 1.