1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

PFT: Seahawks could be inching closer toward a T.O. run

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Jun 24, 2010.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    Seahawks could be inching closer toward a T.O. run
    Posted by Mike Florio on June 24, 2010 3:55 PM ET
    In March, the Seattle Seahawks brought in then-Broncos restricted free agent receiver Brandon Marshall for a visit.

Nothing ever materialized.

Now, Kevin Acee of the San Diego Union-Tribune reports that, as suspected, the Seahawks are the team that called to inquire regarding the availability of Chargers restricted free agent receiver Vincent Jackson, before being politely told to piss off.

In both cases, the targeted receiver would have commanded significant trade compensation and expensive long-term deals. So if the Seahawks are looking to boost their corps of pass-catchers, at some point it will make sense to obtain a guy who'll cost nothing in draft picks -- and far less in guaranteed money.

We're referring, of course, to Terrell Owens. If the Seahawks want to upgrade and if the guys who are the property of other teams aren't available, it's a no-brainer to pursue T.O., at some point.

Though Owens likely would prefer to play for a team that's more likely to contend, he's not exactly in a position to be choosy.
  2. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,708 Messages
    2,374 Likes Received
    Oh good, use the name TO in the title of the article and then admit this is throwing something against the wall.

I hate tactics like this. Here I am thinking I am going to read an article about Seattle showing interest in him, and instead I get speculation that since they have not been able to pull off other deals they might do this instead.

If they do the author gets to say, "see, I told you so."

If not, it will never come up again.
  3. Jarv

Jarv Loud pipes saves lives. Zone Supporter

7,046 Messages
    106 Likes Received
    I was thinking the same thing Hos...nothing concrete.
  4. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,879 Messages
    4,223 Likes Received
    I guess they have brought in 1,000 wrs into camp and still looking for someone. Florio is throwing a "turd" against the wall to see if it will stick but with the way the Seahawks are going trough WRs...at least this one has a chance to stick (even if it is a very small chance).

Hmm...cue the dumb and dumber line.:laugh2:
  5. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    thats true, hostile, but consider this, the former head coach of usc has been bringing in alot of players he used to know, and now trying to find a wr, and was turned down, so they might have heard something, so thats why i posted it,

but granted what you said is true, if it happens they can say see i told you so, if not, nothing;

but with what seattle has been doing, thought worthwhile to note