1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

PFT:Top cornerback prospect Claiborne needs wrist surgery

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Mar 22, 2012.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,092 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    Note, so will this cause him to drop some?
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...rback-prospect-claiborne-needs-wrist-surgery/
    Posted by Evan Silva on March 22, 2012, 4:30 PM EDT
    APMorris Claiborne of LSU is the consensus top cornerback in the 2012 draft. An unexpected medical issue may give some teams pause about drafting him in the top five.

According to the New Orleans Times-Picayune, Claiborne revealed after the Tigers’ Thursday Pro Day that he will undergo wrist surgery on Friday. The procedure will repair a torn ligament in Claiborne’s left wrist.

He suffered the injury in LSU’s 9-6 regular-season overtime win against Alabama, but played through torn ligament the rest of the way. Claiborne had an interception against the Crimson Tide, and two more in the Tigers’ final five games.
  2. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Interesting. I seriously doubt it will hurt his draft position much. (providing it goes well)
  3. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

26,587 Messages
    1,912 Likes Received
    Won't hurt his draft position. You need legs to cover WRs not wrists.
  4. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,415 Messages
    1,458 Likes Received
    I heard the Vikings like him at #3 over Kalil. This might change their thinking but he won't fall past Tampa.
  5. jobberone

jobberone Orangutans make great bass players Staff Member

35,434 Messages
    2,789 Likes Received
    Well, it's unlikely to cause a problem but depending on the problem and how the surgery goes it is possible. We don't know what it is. Some of that surgery on the wrist is tricky stuff. Odds are he'll be ok but any team that is really considering him will need to find out what's going on.
  6. cowboysooner

cowboysooner Well-Known Member

1,381 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    Would the Browns take Kalil at 4 in that case. My goodness that would be the best tackle duo I've ever seen.
  7. Phrozen Phil

Phrozen Phil Active Member

3,862 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    That would be a great pick for them. They would still have another first to address other needs. I think one of the receivers is going to fall and Cleveland might be in the best position to land either Floyd or Blackmon.
  8. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

21,901 Messages
    1,657 Likes Received
    Pet cat...come on down!
    I know, won't happen.
  9. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

2,468 Messages
    164 Likes Received
    I think he falls a bit but I don't see the bucs getting him. They signed wright and resigned ronde. And don't want to spend a high pick on another corner. Just my opinion