1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

PFT: Williams audio could spark significant changes

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Apr 6, 2012.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,092 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/06/williams-audio-could-spark-significant-changes/
    Posted by Mike Florio on April 6, 2012, 3:37 PM EDT
    Getty ImagesOne of the questions yet to be asked regarding the disclosure of recorded comments made by former Saints defensive coordinator Gregg Williams the night before the playoff game between the Saints and 49ers is whether and to what extent this experience will change the manner in which NFL teams do business behind supposedly closed doors in the future.

Don’t be surprised if the NFL, at the urging of the NFLPA, begins requiring teams to tape all meetings in the event questions come up in the future regarding what was, and wasn’t, said. And while each team has a player who serves as an NFLPA representative, someone having truly independent authority may be present at pre-game meetings in the future, to intervene if a coach crosses the line.
    Note, go to the webpage and listen to the audio link. Boy, I would love to be the one that records for the Dallas Cowboys in their lockerroom. Boy, talk about a dream job that would be, to follow the Cowboys, be in their locker room, get to know the players. I guess you would get to be on sidelines or watch all dallas cowboys games and you wouldnt have to buy tickets. What could be better than that? And you would get paid for it to.
  2. Kaika

Kaika Have a Good Day Pilgrims

2,697 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I totally disagree that Williams gets a lifetime ban and Peyton gets 1 year.
    Don't get me wrong, never liked Williams, but you can't tell me that Sean didn't know about what was said in the locker room.

I think BOTH should get the 1 year ban.
    But I disagree about making an example of an individual and taking away his career and giving the HC a pass from a mistake that alot of coaches probably made in the past.
  3. SkinsandTerps

SkinsandTerps Redskins Forever

7,384 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    I do not see this happening at all.

Not to mention if the NFLPA rep is in the locker room...why isn't that player reporting back as needed ?
  4. arglebargle

arglebargle Well-Known Member

5,004 Messages
    126 Likes Received
    Awful idea. This is just Florio's type of neo-legalist bureacrat thinking coming to the fore.

Gregg Williams should take his business elsewhere. Forever, in my opinion. The deterrance value in this is off the charts. No coach in his right mind is going to try to skirt these rules now.