1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

PFW whispers Sensabaugh

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by RS12, Jan 13, 2013.

1. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,643 Messages
    1,479 Likes Received
    • Expect the Cowboys to target at least one new starting safety, with Gerald Sensabaugh — steady as he is — to be the one who is replaced. In the new Tampa-2 scheme the Cowboys will employ under Monte Kiffin, it's likely that Sensabaugh has neither the range nor the playmaking ability to thrive. The team still likes Barry Church and Matt Johnson, but both are coming off season-ending injuries and will need some competition.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2013/01/12/odds-not-great-for-moss-return-to-niners-in-2013
  2. Teague31

Teague31 Defender of the Star

6,385 Messages
    645 Likes Received
    No surprise. Sensi has the athletic ability of a 90 year old woman
  3. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,643 Messages
    1,479 Likes Received
    I dont get the Church fascination
  4. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,846 Messages
    1,220 Likes Received
    He actually is very athletic, he can also cover (TEs) man to man. His weakness has been mental/instincts and trying to do too much when the other safety is subpar.
  5. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,620 Messages
    988 Likes Received
    He won't work in this system...at all
  6. AMERICAS_FAN

AMERICAS_FAN Active Member

7,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Or a 72 year old DC! ;)
  7. reddyuta

reddyuta Well-Known Member

6,208 Messages
    682 Likes Received
    He is ok but he will find it tough in the tampa 2,i am worried about both our safeties.
  8. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,392 Messages
    5,916 Likes Received
    if we get rid of sensabaugh and do nothing else, i will consider it a successful offseason.
  9. wileedog

wileedog Well-Known Member

10,134 Messages
    826 Likes Received
    Me neither.
  10. Bluestang

Bluestang Well-Known Member

5,548 Messages
    729 Likes Received
    If anyone watched the scrimmage at Cowboys stadium after training camp and noticed Church was step for step with Radway on a 9 route you would know speed isn't an issue with him.

For once we actually developed a player, but no one wants to give anyone credit or acknowledge it.
  11. Frozen700

12,620 Messages
    988 Likes Received
    Good, you guys don't have to.

Just stay behind the computer and leave it to the experts and guys making 7 figures+
  12. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,643 Messages
    1,479 Likes Received
    Yep those experts that lead em to 8-8 every year are worth every penny.:laugh2:
  13. Frozen700

12,620 Messages
    988 Likes Received
    I mean what would you do different?

Pretend this is madden, and just go to a team and offer them a 1st rounder for a top flight safety?
  14. wileedog

wileedog Well-Known Member

10,134 Messages
    826 Likes Received
    :laugh2:

I remember when those guys thought Alan Ball was the answer too.
  15. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,643 Messages
    1,479 Likes Received
    Call me crazy but I wouldnt signed a safety whose strength wasnt coverage to contract after he blew out an achilles.
  16. Tenkamenin

Tenkamenin Well-Known Member

1,226 Messages
    162 Likes Received
    He would be a good Strong Safety, but the free safety is meant for the agile which he is not.
  17. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

6,108 Messages
    1,882 Likes Received
    Athletic enough to have 0 Interceptions, 0 Fumble Recoveries, and 2 Passed Defensed for the entire season.

At those stellar ball skills his lack if tackling and you have quite possibly one of the worst 5 starting safeties in the NFL.
  18. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,503 Messages
    9,657 Likes Received
    What experts are those? The guys who have given us the last 17 years of futility?
  19. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

8,035 Messages
    934 Likes Received
    Oh thank God. He is one guy on this team who I've wanted us to get rid of for years now. Since Rice burned him in the playoffs and he literally did not know the ball was thrown.

Also, his tackling is god awful. How many times have we seen this dude in the right position but not make the tackle?
  20. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,503 Messages
    9,657 Likes Received
    He's pretty much the least physical starting S in the league. Nobody fears crossing the middle of our defense.