1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Philadelphia has dug a big hole

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by jobberone, Oct 10, 2011.

1. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

41,405 Messages
    5,714 Likes Received
    Since 1990 less than 4.5% of teams at least three games under .500 after 5 games have made the playoffs. Less than a 1 in 20 chance. I love it.
  2. Hostile

Hostile Persona Non Grata Zone Supporter

119,427 Messages
    3,698 Likes Received
    But they signed so many Free Agents while we did nothing. They are the dream team.
  3. jobberone

41,405 Messages
    5,714 Likes Received
    Yeah. The curse of the dream. Goes back to Ancient Sumeria.
  4. Dodger

Dodger Indomitable

4,216 Messages
    43 Likes Received
    Yeah happy now! :)
  5. cowboyeric8

cowboyeric8 Chicks dig crutches

5,291 Messages
    153 Likes Received
    What are the stats for a 3-2 team, or a 2-3 team? Taking the Patriots into account either way.
  6. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

5,879 Messages
    257 Likes Received
    Philthy is us last year, minus a season-ending injury to their starting QB....

Lose to Wash next week and this season is a bust for them for sure. Pretty funny. I'm sure Philthy is wondering WTH they just gave dogkilla 100 mill. So were the rest of us. ha! Fools!
  7. jobberone

41,405 Messages
    5,714 Likes Received
    Right now we have a 36% chance. Can't say until I see all the teams records after next week.
  8. yimyammer

yimyammer Well-Known Member

5,490 Messages
    653 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
  9. cowboyeric8

cowboyeric8 Chicks dig crutches

5,291 Messages
    153 Likes Received
    Gotcha, thanks.
  10. AdamJT13

AdamJT13 Salary Cap Analyst

15,305 Messages
    1,024 Likes Received
    This says we have a 58 percent chance of making the playoffs, based on the current NFC standings and each team's remaining schedule --

http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/nfcstandings.html

We actually have the best chance of any team in the division. The Redskins are at 52 percent, the Giants at 25 percent and the Eagles at 7 percent.

The Giants might be 3-2 right now, but other than a few games, their schedule looks pretty daunting from here on out, which is why their chances are so low.
  11. UVAwahoos

UVAwahoos Benched

2,163 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  12. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    It's that me attitude that gets teams.
  13. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

3,515 Messages
    1,643 Likes Received
    The second half of the Giants schedule is brutal. I think they will fall out of contention in December, if not sooner.

The Eagles will start plaing better, but it may be too late. Three more losses and they are pretty much done. Lets hope 2 of those losses come from the Cowboys. THey also have the Patriots, Jets and Bills coming up as well.

As for the Redskins, I think they will be in it for awhile yet. Even though they are the least talented team, they make the fewest mistakes in the division. They aren't killing themselves the way the rest of the division is by mind-numbing, game-killing mistakes. If they continue to play smart football, they will have a chance.
  14. jobberone

41,405 Messages
    5,714 Likes Received
    This says differently: http://makenflplayoffs.com/ but my gut tells me your site is closer. Don't think we should be over 50% though.
  15. GOLDENCHILD1688

GOLDENCHILD1688 Well-Known Member

4,580 Messages
    85 Likes Received
    Exactly. Philly signing free agents has nothing to do with them losing

they're not losing because of their acquisitions they're losing because they didn't fill key positions. They had glaring holes at both the linebacker spot and on the offensive line. Some foolishly thought they could easily mask those deficiencies.

If we didn't shoot ourselves in the foot so often we could've easily ran away with the division down the stretch. The Skins are front runners and playing over their heads right now, giants have a brutal schedule and like philly their struggling
  16. AdamJT13

AdamJT13 Salary Cap Analyst

15,305 Messages
    1,024 Likes Received
    That site says that its calculations are based on each team having a 50 percent chance to win each game, which means that it doesn't take strength of schedule into account. It's basically a coin flip simulator that calculates standings and tiebreakers.

Why not? Six NFC teams make the playoffs, and we have the eighth-best record right now. The site to which I linked says we have a 44 percent chance of winning the division, which seems about right. The Giants' remaining schedule is very difficult, and we've already beaten the Redskins head-to-head. Mathematically, it would be difficult to say that either of them has a better chance of winning the division than we do. And outside of the division, the closest team to us in the wild-card race is the Bucs, whose wins have come against teams that are a combined 3-12. So, right now, you'd have to say that we have a pretty good chance (say, about 58 percent) of finishing either first or second in the division and making the playoffs.
  17. cowboyuptx

cowboyuptx Member

397 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    It was a pretty good bye week, if only the Redskins had also played and lost... As wheels-off as this thing has been, we're still in good shape, could be better, could be worse, but we're still in the thick of it...
  18. JakeCamp12

JakeCamp12 Well-Known Member

2,182 Messages
    135 Likes Received
    I wouldn't count the Eagles out just yet, they have a lot of talent and if not for some very aggressive play by the Bills, they had a chance to win that game yesterday even though they played so bad. Reid is a very good coach and he is also smart enough to dig them out of this hole. His biggest problems are his defense and that he doesn't manage games very well. I wouldn't write them off just yet as with Vick he can get on a hot streak and run off 8 victorys in a row.
  19. CliffnMesquite

CliffnMesquite Well-Known Member

4,404 Messages
    190 Likes Received
  20. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,763 Messages
    1,885 Likes Received
    Well.. I hope Philly goes in and beats the Redskins next week. The Redskins fans are getting over confident that they will beat Philly.... but Philly will pretty much be in a must win game. The odds makers have the game as 50/50 but I give the edge to Philly.