Physicality on Defense- A+

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by mmohican29, Aug 13, 2017 at 9:47 AM.

1. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

41,518 Messages
    14,412 Likes Received
    It's because CowboyRoy's game is the negative slant...

2. CowboysLegend365

CowboysLegend365 Well-Known Member

439 Messages
    294 Likes Received
    I was thinking the same. I like the young guys back there being willing to stick their nose in and get nasty.

No way the vets we cut in the secondary would ever consider hitting like that. (Except Wilcox, and he was hit or whiff)

haleyrules, Bullflop and mmohican29 like this.
  3. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

6,987 Messages
    1,788 Likes Received
    You basically said Dak was a waste of a 4th round draft pick and would never amount to anything. Now going after another 4th round pick in Hitchens. Maybe it is not the player and maybe you got something against the number 4? Which makes it even sweeter is that Dak wears #4.

4. aria

aria Well-Known Member

951 Messages
    779 Likes Received
    Yup. It was nice to see our D do so well but I also have to keep in mind it was the Rams. The good news is after watching the Giants play my belief that their O line will be as bad as last year, if not worse, was reconfirmed. Our D should dominate them in week 1.

jday, haleyrules and Risen Star like this.
  5. Fla Cowpoke

Fla Cowpoke Well-Known Member

6,038 Messages
    3,788 Likes Received
    You are just mad that you have been so wrong about him. He doesn't suck. Never has. Is he all Pro? No, but he is a capable NFL player and there is a LB like him starting on just about every NFL team in the league. That means he belongs even if he doesn't live up to your standards.

6. Silver N Blue

Silver N Blue Well-Known Member

4,952 Messages
    4,018 Likes Received
    What's the draft tape/measurables on Jones? Thanks in advance.

7. Fla Cowpoke

Fla Cowpoke Well-Known Member

6,038 Messages
    3,788 Likes Received
    We have a lot of posters here that are just like the NFL investigators. They come to a conclusion, then work backwards to support it any way they can.

jday, Bullflop, adbutcher and 12 others like this.
  8. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

41,518 Messages
    14,412 Likes Received
    Nope... Mo wanted no part of it. Carr was better but he was far from physical. And Church is a mystery to me. For his size he didn't lay the wood like one would think he could have.

9. Section444

Section444 Well-Known Member

6,039 Messages
    2,240 Likes Received
    Honestly, I think Hitchens has been damn good when he's gotten the chance. He's one of those "me against the world" type players that every defense has/needs. I think there's a place for him as a weekly starter, especially on a defense lacking talent like ours.

stilltheguru88 and Fla Cowpoke like this.
  10. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

12,444 Messages
    4,602 Likes Received
    I never understood the Hitchen sucks crowd......is it because he wasn't Sean Lee?

11. Bigdog

Bigdog Well-Known Member

3,688 Messages
    2,092 Likes Received
    Don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel.

12. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

6,775 Messages
    6,331 Likes Received
    Hitchens has turned out to be a solid 4th round pick.

He's not a Pro Bowler. But when you consider where he was drafted, he has been a very effective player for the Cowboys.

13. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

39,467 Messages
    48,656 Likes Received
    LOL. He's been a bad player in a bad defense. A unit everyone has wanted to overhaul since he's been here.

They praised Costa, Nagy, and Livings too.

Melonfeud likes this.
  14. casmith07

casmith07 Attorney-at-Zone

30,832 Messages
    7,275 Likes Received
    Blue collar defenders out there. I always felt Guys like Claiborne were defensive divas.

We have a bunch of dudes with chips on their shoulders on defense now. They played like it.

It's going to be fun to watch this year.

jday, Bullflop, Sepia and 3 others like this.
  15. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

6,775 Messages
    6,331 Likes Received
    You hated the guy from the second he was announced in the draft. And you are incapable of admitting that you may have been wrong (see Dak Prescott).

An unbiased view on Hitchens is that he has been good. Not great by any stretch. But the kind of guy every team needs. A solid 4th rounder.

I don't think he gets another contract with the Cowboys. A lot depends on how Jaylon Smith continues to get better. But Hitchens will get another deal from somebody next year. If he truly is the stiff you claim that he is, then this is the last year in the league. But I see him playing for somebody next year.

16. Jstopper

Jstopper Well-Known Member

2,664 Messages
    3,433 Likes Received
    Roy you keep saying this but that doesn't make it true. You need to learn how to watch gametape bro. He did quite well in his two drives

17. bigdnlaca

bigdnlaca Well-Known Member

1,423 Messages
    212 Likes Received
    The physicality is there because most of the guys playing were rookies, new acquisitions, 2nd and 3rd stringers trying to prove their worth.

Let's see if that same physicality will be there when some starters come on the field that value their professional / personal future.

18. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

28,490 Messages
    21,120 Likes Received
    Risen is following in the footsteps of his idol Bryan Broaddus...Once they express an opinion on a player they won't admit to being wrong.

19. Screw The Hall

Screw The Hall Well-Known Member

2,498 Messages
    932 Likes Received
    This defense was physical last year. You can't be the number 1 ranked rush defense in the league without being physical, it's absolutely impossible. There have been skill level issues, no question about it, but the physicality of this unit was good a season ago. I think the team was careful to add new talent that wouldn't diminish that capability but would hopefully add a better skill level to boot.

20. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

12,444 Messages
    4,602 Likes Received
    Right. Very solid value there and that's all you can ask for.

Bullflop likes this.