1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Picked up an iPad 4 64GB... looking for software suggestions

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by JBond, Jan 29, 2013.

1. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,711 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    I never thought I would like an iPad. Tried a couple of android tablets and they did not feel as polished. I will never give up my galaxy s3 as my phone, but apple has a pretty darn solid product.

Anyway, my immediate need is for a good office suite. The reviews I read from various sites and in comments vary greatly. Price is not a determining factor. I want to get the best suite that has ease of use and excellent compatibility with Microsoft office. I will need to upload to a cloud service and save it to the iPad.

After that I am open to any suggestion for favorite or must have software. I already have pocket cloud and it work perfectly so far.

Thanks for the help.
  2. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,711 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    Someone must have had a good or bad experience with office productivity apps on the iPad. I don't want to waste money on garbage apps.

Thanks
  3. TheKey

TheKey Faster than Felix

2,596 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Not sure if an iPad is the best choice for office suites. I would just google reviews if I were you, or the app store has reviews as well.
  4. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,707 Messages
    418 Likes Received
    Sorry, any time I need MS Office on my iPad I use the Citrix app to log into my work system. I have used DocsToGo for limited purposes. It works really well for what I do, but that's too limited to really give the type of review you're looking for.
  5. Hopeuhavechange

Hopeuhavechange New Member

145 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    No it's not
  6. kmp77

kmp77 Active Member

5,945 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    MS Office is coming to iOS "soon".
  7. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,711 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    Thanks for the replies everyone. I downloaded DocsToGo last night and Pocket Cloud will enable me to reach my desktop anytime for more demanding tasks.