1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Picked up an iPad 4 64GB... looking for software suggestions

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by JBond, Jan 29, 2013.

1. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,726 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    I never thought I would like an iPad. Tried a couple of android tablets and they did not feel as polished. I will never give up my galaxy s3 as my phone, but apple has a pretty darn solid product.

Anyway, my immediate need is for a good office suite. The reviews I read from various sites and in comments vary greatly. Price is not a determining factor. I want to get the best suite that has ease of use and excellent compatibility with Microsoft office. I will need to upload to a cloud service and save it to the iPad.

After that I am open to any suggestion for favorite or must have software. I already have pocket cloud and it work perfectly so far.

Thanks for the help.
  2. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,726 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    Someone must have had a good or bad experience with office productivity apps on the iPad. I don't want to waste money on garbage apps.

Thanks
  3. TheKey

TheKey Faster than Felix

2,639 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    Not sure if an iPad is the best choice for office suites. I would just google reviews if I were you, or the app store has reviews as well.
  4. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,041 Messages
    1,146 Likes Received
    Sorry, any time I need MS Office on my iPad I use the Citrix app to log into my work system. I have used DocsToGo for limited purposes. It works really well for what I do, but that's too limited to really give the type of review you're looking for.
  5. Hopeuhavechange

Hopeuhavechange New Member

145 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    No it's not
  6. kmp77

kmp77 Active Member

5,945 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    MS Office is coming to iOS "soon".
  7. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,726 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    Thanks for the replies everyone. I downloaded DocsToGo last night and Pocket Cloud will enable me to reach my desktop anytime for more demanding tasks.