1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Playmaker to Steve Young -"you guys cheated..."

Discussion in 'History Zone' started by odog422, Sep 8, 2005.

1. odog422

odog422 Well-Known Member

1,522 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    on the PI non-call in the nfc championship game we lost that prevented our third straight super bowl victory, so says mike irvin on nfl countdown to steve young.

i know, i know, hes joking and who cares, but i liked hearing him say it anyway
  2. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,287 Messages
    4,606 Likes Received

You know he may say it in a joking manner, but you also know he meant it because it was the truth.

:starspin
  3. DOOMSDAYREBORN

DOOMSDAYREBORN New Member

79 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    They were just talking about why teams do not three peat. They mentioned that the Cowboys lost to the niners. Mike first replied with the PC thing to say but as they were going of the air. Mike looked at Steve and said you guys cheated, if I had got that PI called we would have won. Man I have been waiting for a long time for him to tell Steve that on the air. Gotta love Mike.

Peace
  4. odog422

1,522 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    nothin but!! :hammer:
  5. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

8,291 Messages
    431 Likes Received
    He was referring to two methods of cheating. First the salary cap. Then that PI.

...Nah, it was only me who mentioned the first one - and in this thread nonetheless.

Whoops! Sorry, me...
  6. gbrittain

gbrittain Well-Known Member

5,097 Messages
    49 Likes Received
    Now if Michael would just quit hyping Owens that would be great!
  7. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    DeBartalo, Policy and Tagliabum combined in 1994 for one of the biggest shams in sports history...it'll never be said by most, but it should rank up there with things like the Black Sox scandal and several point shaving scams as the biggest fraud in sports history

that team circumvented the cap big time, and did so with the blessing of Tagliabutt...then, the refs ensured the Cowboys wouldnt win that champiosnhip game with several poor calls and non calls, incl the infamous no call on Deion

David
  8. odog422

1,522 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    ...and now steve young is drillin the ball on the breakdown segment to the playmaker -- mike says "why are you so feisty?"

hey mike, you spoke the truth with your cheating comment and the truth hurts...

and david, i wonder what kind of scandal it would have been if it were the cowboys....think espn would still be talking about it? uhhh....yup!
  9. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,649 Messages
    5,559 Likes Received
    Don't be so sure.
  10. austintodallas

austintodallas Consider Yourself Sucked

2,413 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Well, they both just picked Dallas to make the playoffs so I guess they do agree on something.
  11. adbutcher

adbutcher K9NME

10,718 Messages
    357 Likes Received
    :hammer:
  12. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,271 Messages
    3 Likes Received
  13. Roughneck

Roughneck Active Member

2,682 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If that Pic doesn't piss you off, then you are not a Cowboys fan.

**'ing Refs!!!

:mad:
  14. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
  15. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,271 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Even more blatant...look at how Sanders has Irvin's arm locked...

[IMG]

And let's not forget, Barry Switzer added a 15 yarder on to the end of this play.
  16. rw54

rw54 Member

277 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I can't help but marvel at how good that team was. Jimmy leaving in the offseason, all the shenanigans by the 49ers, Deion taking less to play with them, Switzer coaching us, all the turnovers starting the game, Deion's pass interference and we still made a game of it. We had two or three decks stacked against us and I never felt like we couldn't come back. Best game I ever saw The Playmaker have.
  17. MissionCoach

MissionCoach Active Member

838 Messages
    40 Likes Received

That's the one that put me over the edge...freakin' Switzer bumping the ref...that put the nail in the coffin...I still get ill just thinking about it! :puke:
  18. The Duke

The Duke New Member

245 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Ya'll forgot to mention that fact that Jerry Jones jinks us with those stupid uniforms...worse than the blue jersey's as far as a jinks goes IMO.
  19. dallasblue05

dallasblue05 New Member

1,286 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I was very young when that game took place, hell I'm still pretty young, but even I vividly remember that game. It was the first time I ever said a cuss word out loud. The no call on Deion did it, my mom heard me and......well.....I dont like to think about that one, lol. Anyway, I was old enough and smart enough to know that wat happened wasnt right!! I was eight years old!! Cowboy fan all my life, lol, itll always be that way.
  20. NOVA 22

NOVA 22 Member

345 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    somebody remind me what the score was when that play happened - would that have tied it ?