1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Playoffs are still possible

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by BHendri5, Nov 26, 2012.

1. BHendri5

BHendri5 Well-Known Member

3,232 Messages
    57 Likes Received
    Stephen's right, we can still make playoffs, and still possibly win the division.
    If neither of those things happen, we will finish 8-8, heck the whole division could end up 8-8,or at least the top 3.

for all the people that bash Romo, if Payton comes, Romo will be throwing the ball around like Brees does, which is no different than what we have been doing the past 2/3 games.

Penalties, boneheaded plays, missed tackles, not knowing defensive and offensive assignments, bad play, playcalling, injuries especially injuries derailed this season.

Country club mentality, needs to change, GM can stay the same, just let Garrett be as strict as he wants to be, stay the course with the HC, and the direction he's taking this team, keep getting his type of players, but spend money on the OL and DL.

I believe we have 2/3 legit starting Centers already on this team, maybe even both OG spots, we definitely need to get a legit RT.

Still need to purge some players , scandrick, felix, sensabaugh, coleman, free, dockery, spears, ogletree, tanner, maybe McCray, we need more self motivated players, with intelligence,we might need to sacrifice talent for intellect.

RB, we need a legit durable everydown RB a definite field stretcher.

I've heard people compare the longhorns mentality with ours, living here in Austin that is valid comparison, I would also compare the Irish with us as well,
    the Cowboys, and Notre Dame is loved and hated, with that being said I believe Garrett's 3rd season is the start of what we all have been waiting for impatiently .

Basically we need to stay the course, it looks and feels like we are far off, but really we are closer than people think. Oh Garrett needs to just be the HC, hire an OC please.
  2. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,853 Messages
    2,129 Likes Received
    We would have to go at least 4-1 the rest of the way to possibly make it.
    5-10% chance at best but not zero.
  3. BHendri5

BHendri5 Well-Known Member

3,232 Messages
    57 Likes Received
    4-1? Why not 5-0?
  4. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,307 Messages
    814 Likes Received
    Just stop...we have no middle guys. Our top Linebackers are out, and our NT. Our other number 1 WR is done, our star RB's status is up in the air. We have Alan Ball 2.0 at safety.....

Garrett still does not know how to use this offense until we get down, then he let's them loose

Let's face reality, we are screwed
  5. Gemini Dolly

Gemini Dolly Well-Known Member

6,575 Messages
    638 Likes Received
    Seattle needs to implode. Then maybe, we get that final spot. (Assuming we win all our games..:gigglestoherself:)
  6. Jenky

Jenky Well-Known Member

3,142 Messages
    584 Likes Received
    Our number 1 wr is perfectly healthy dude.
  7. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

14,942 Messages
    2,164 Likes Received
    The Seahawks are about to lose their two starting corners to suspension. The Redskins lost Orakpo and Kerrigan. The Cowboys have already beaten the Bucs, and they rank 30th in total defense and dead last in pass defense.

Based on the current rosters of all the teams in contention for the final wildcard berth, from a pure talent standpoint, is there any reason to think the Cowboys' chances of making the playoffs shouldn't be at least as good as those teams' chances?
  8. TheSport78

TheSport78 The Excellence of Execution

8,444 Messages
    421 Likes Received
    Yeah, it's also possible I could win the Powerball tomorrow.
  9. pjtoadie

pjtoadie Cleveland's #1 Cowboys fan

1,943 Messages
    504 Likes Received
    Oh great another we can still make the playoffs thread :bang2:
  10. Venger

Venger Well-Known Member

2,466 Messages
    391 Likes Received
    It must be done.

[IMG]
  11. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,540 Messages
    1,815 Likes Received
    :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
  12. jbravo316

jbravo316 Benched

166 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I thought the same thing.
  13. SacredStar

SacredStar Active Member

2,693 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    Well it is possible, but more likely improbable. You never know.
  14. TTexasTT

TTexasTT Well-Known Member

1,926 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    Yeah man, it can happen. Im sure you are aware that its unlikely but the wonderful forum members will be sure to remind you that youre a idiot for thinking about it. You should probably just delete this thread and make another praising Sean Payton, like all the other cool kids.
    Rooting for a long shot is just insane.
  15. ScipioCowboy

14,942 Messages
    2,164 Likes Received
    In my opinion, the Cowboys shouldn't be a long shot. Peruse the rosters of the teams in contention for the final wild card spot and compare them against the Cowboys'.

If anything, the Cowboys' chances should be just as good if not better than their competitor's. The fact that we see them as a long shot speaks volumes, in my opinion.
  16. TheSport78

TheSport78 The Excellence of Execution

8,444 Messages
    421 Likes Received
    Sorry, I don't have confidence in an offense that is dead last in rushing, injuries almost all across the board, including your two stud inside linebackers, and a team that is held back by its coaching. How are you down 28-3 to the Redskins, on Thanksgiving? I don't expect this team to win another GAME.
  17. DenCWBY

DenCWBY Active Member

620 Messages
    106 Likes Received
    I have some swamp land in Florida we need to discuss.
  18. scottsp

scottsp Well-Known Member

2,280 Messages
    140 Likes Received
    The last thing that comes to mind with this bunch is the postseason. Dallas plays a really bad brand of football. In fact, it's awful.

I wouldn't mind joining the We Still Have A Shot Crowd, except that nothing I have seen leads me to believe it can happen.
  19. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,540 Messages
    1,815 Likes Received
    About the team, or the fans?
  20. ScipioCowboy

14,942 Messages
    2,164 Likes Received
    I'm not sure at this point.

:laugh2: