1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Playstation 4

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Shunpike, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Shunpike

Shunpike Active Member

704 Messages
    122 Likes Received
  2. dez_for_prez

dez_for_prez Active Member

1,044 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Go to ign.com
  3. MonsterD

MonsterD Quota outta absentia

3,528 Messages
    256 Likes Received
    Does it output in 4K? And when are the TVs coming out for that anyway, has to be OLEDs that have that capability.
  4. CashMan

CashMan Well-Known Member

1,333 Messages
    157 Likes Received
    I'm waiting for PS5....
  5. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,523 Messages
    2,211 Likes Received
    Doubt it. That's so far down the pipeline in terms of affordability that it wouldn't really be widely used until at least halfway through the life cycle of the system.

Did they really not show any pictures of the console? Just the controller?
  6. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,972 Messages
    1,353 Likes Received
  7. gambit187

gambit187 Active Member

687 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    I'm hearing it will not play PS3 games, if that is true that is so stupid and Sony will continue to lose money.
  8. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

6,172 Messages
    350 Likes Received
    4K Tvs are out now. LG has one for I think $17,000, and Sony has one that is $25,000. Both are 84" I think. Neither are OLED though. That is further down the line.
  9. bigdnlaca

bigdnlaca Active Member

955 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    I thought I read that it took 4 years for Sony to finally make a profit on hardware sales. If that is the case, then why would they stop PS3 production when it still has life? The PS3 console and game sales can offset the potential loss they will have for the PS4.
  10. TheCowboy

TheCowboy The Teen

2,439 Messages
    450 Likes Received
    Honestly the PS4 doesn't interest me at all. As long as they do not have party chat they will always be second to Xbox.
  11. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,523 Messages
    2,211 Likes Received
    I think they are going to a paid service so you can probably expect party chat.

They already have it but I think it's going to be mandatory like Live in order to play online.
  12. junk

junk I've got moxie

9,288 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    Boo. Even though it had its issues, I thought having a free online community was much better than paying for it.

I think I bought my PS3 when the price point was like $299. Been worth every penny. Gaming console, BluRay/DVD player, streaming device. The only thing that has been missing was an HBOGo streaming app.
  13. SkinsandTerps

SkinsandTerps Redskins Forever

7,398 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    Use your PC...or phone.

The XBox online is only around 5 bucks a month...it's worth it. I can't imagine that the Sony folks are going to charge for a service they aren't improving. Look at it that way.

My problem is always the 60 buck games. Charge 40 for the disc, and 25 for the download...people will buy them like they are at a 2 dollar gas station.
  14. TheCowboy

TheCowboy The Teen

2,439 Messages
    450 Likes Received
  15. junk

junk I've got moxie

9,288 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    I've streamed off my laptop. It's a pain. Plus I like to use my laptop while I watch TV.

It should be a simple software port to get it on the PS3. It already supports anything else I stream and is already connected to my home theatre system.

Like I said, if PS3 had that feature, it would literally do everything I need in one box.

For some reason, I thought Xbox Live was more than that. $5 isn't that big of a deal.
  16. Galian Beast

Galian Beast Well-Known Member

8,506 Messages
    971 Likes Received
    No 4k support.

cloud backwards compatibility

They'll continue to make PS3 games for years. The profit curve depends entirely on the system in question.

The was a RAM issue. The PS Vita has party chat.

They aren't going to a paid service.
  17. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,534 Messages
    1,714 Likes Received
    Rumors of an arcade mode where you can watch your friends play...

That would just be too sick. Especially on Sports games.
  18. ragman

ragman Member

203 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    Some folks don't have, or can't afford, super fast Internet service. How is Sony going to work their way around that?
  19. Supercowboy1986

Supercowboy1986 Well-Known Member

1,003 Messages
    120 Likes Received
    eeeh I dunno about that. I'd rather play myself rather then watch someone else play.