1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Please get me 2 of these.

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by joshjwp, Mar 19, 2012.

1. joshjwp

joshjwp Member

184 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    I dont care how they do it. Whether it be standing pat or some combination of trades (trading down, trading up with the 2nd rounder, trading future pics or whatever). But, please please get me atleast 2 of these guys (and not 2 at the same position of course).

OG David DeCastro
    OG Cordy Glenn

C Peter Konz

OLB Melvin Ingram
    OLB Whitney Mercilus

NT Dontari Poe
    DE Fletcher Cox

S Mark Barron
    S Harrison Smith

Wild Cards
    TE Coby Fleener
    DE Michael Brockers
    OLB Courtney Upshaw

My point is that there is always a ton of buzz about our first pick, but I'm equally excited about our 2nd pick seening what we have done the past 2 years.

I'm sure we will get one of these guys in the first round with pick 14 (or down a few spots from there). But how I ultimately feel about this draft will probably be primarily based on our 2nd pick and if we can land a starter at one of these positions of need there as well.
  2. myslamsareolder

myslamsareolder Member

195 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    Add Bruce Irvin and I agree... I love Irvin; I see a ton of DWare in him.
  3. myslamsareolder

myslamsareolder Member

195 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    Oops double post
  4. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,634 Messages
    122 Likes Received
    This is very interesting to me, as most of these guys we would have to trade up from our 2nd round pick to get except perhaps Harrison.

It should be an option that if we perhaps take a DeCastro, we could trade up into the bottom of the 1st with our 2nd where a Mercilus or Perry might potentially drop (maybe not likely).

All of the guys in your list are pretty much 1st rounders though with the exception of maybe Harrison and Coby with the addition of perhaps Konz.

It will be a hard sell though with all the needs we have in general on this team.