1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Please give me reason for hope

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by john van brocklin, Jan 4, 2014.

1. fifaguy

fifaguy Well-Known Member

4,751 Messages
    908 Likes Received
    So only another 20 years to go?

[IMG]
    khiladi likes this.
  2. PA Cowboy Fan

PA Cowboy Fan Well-Known Member

1,883 Messages
    1,305 Likes Received
    Yep. People forget Ralph Wilson is in his 90's in Buffalo. How old was Bud Adams when he died. NFL owner tend to live long lives.
  3. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,889 Messages
    1,830 Likes Received
    http://cdn.*************.net/instances/500x/44614022.jpg
    khiladi likes this.
  4. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

11,478 Messages
    1,089 Likes Received
    The posters who claim they feel positive about the direction of the team are FANS who claim they feel positive every year about the direction of the team. With Ware in clear decline and Romo's best years likely behind him due to age and multiple back surgeries along with Witten showing signs of slowing down and the team continuing on with a HC who's proven after 3 full seasons he has no business being an NFL HC the arrow is clearly pointing down on the Cowboys. The defense has gotten worse every year and the talent needs to be overhauled. Players like Carr, Claiborne and Carter haven't lived up to expectations and the best player on the defense Sean Lee can't stay healthy and is always injured by the time the Cowboys reach the home stretch. The other top performer on the defense Hatcher may be lost to free agency and with the possibility of Ware being released and yet another DC taking over it's going to be very difficult for the Cowboys to fix the defense anytime soon.

The only improvement I've seen under Garrett in 3 seasons has been the OL. It appears Jerry is waiting until the Cowboys are no longer competitive before setting his ego aside and putting an end to this nonsense of trying to develop Garrett on the job who continues to struggle with game management. You have FANS on this board that are claiming they've seen progress each season under Garrett and that this 8-8 season was better than the last two 8-8 seasons. :rolleyes: When you ask some of these FANS to point out all this progress they're seeing they have no answers because there hasn't been any progress. If a team can't get past 8-8 after 3 full seasons under a HC who inherited a solid QB situation that's a team that has the wrong HC.
  5. DallasEast

DallasEast Cowboys 24/7/365 Zone Supporter

28,378 Messages
    1,881 Likes Received
    Life expectancy is 78. Quality health care can help boost longevity. NFL owner have access to the best healthcare money can buy.

Jerry Jones could get hit by a bus this afternoon, but there should be a basic universal understanding that he could be around and active within his franchise for a long time to come.
  6. AmberBeer

AmberBeer Well-Known Member

3,015 Messages
    1,067 Likes Received
    There is no hope as long as Jerry's pulling the strings.
    MikeT22 likes this.
  7. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,118 Messages
    475 Likes Received
    Perdy stadium and cheerleaders?????
  8. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

12,101 Messages
    2,091 Likes Received
    [IMG]
  9. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,017 Messages
    5,046 Likes Received
    That simply isn't a true statement.
  10. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

11,478 Messages
    1,089 Likes Received
    It's an opinion as is your statement.
  11. MikeT22

MikeT22 Active Member

412 Messages
    224 Likes Received
    Stephen says dumb things too, but I don't think he's the same egotistical maniac bent on running things his way to the point he'd rather lose for 2 decades than give up control and hire someone that could help us win.
  12. Irving Cowboy

Irving Cowboy The Chief

1,591 Messages
    55 Likes Received
    Sean Lee likes Garrett more than he did Paterno.

That's what I've heard, anyway.
  13. HappyOnions

HappyOnions Datwin

914 Messages
    538 Likes Received
    Well...I mean...
  14. DallasCowboysRule!

DallasCowboysRule! Well-Known Member

1,664 Messages
    325 Likes Received
    It's the reason I'm not embarrassed, don't ya know.
  15. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

24,734 Messages
    1,001 Likes Received
    I don't think you need a reason to hope.
  16. randy932

randy932 Member

529 Messages
    22 Likes Received
    Our QB is on his second back surgery and is 34.
  17. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

12,101 Messages
    2,091 Likes Received
    I don't think there is any finger pointing, because everybody knows wher Jerry stands with Jason and have come to deal with it, until the contract plays out.
  18. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

6,034 Messages
    1,813 Likes Received
    To early to say until we see if there are coaching (coordinator and below) changes.

If not, then with the same GM, HC, DC, OC, QB, etc it's hard to expect much more than what you've seen the last 4 seasons.
  19. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,017 Messages
    5,046 Likes Received
    You have to admit, a healthy season next year would certainly impact the W-L record.
  20. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

6,034 Messages
    1,813 Likes Received
    Team has been injured a lot the last two seasons. Some of it is related to drafting players with injury red flags, some of it is related to relying too much on age, some of it is bad luck.

Do you feel the decision makers will adjust their philosophy to roster building and see different results as it relates to injuries next season?