1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Poppinga: I'm In Batman Shape

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by 5Stars, Nov 26, 2012.

1. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

7,599 Messages
    569 Likes Received
    When I saw the signing I thought "Chris Gocong" for some reason. I hope this guy can still run a 4.59.

He was not that impressive with the Packers. Vickers talked crazy too, I need to see him walk his talk.
  2. TwentyOne

TwentyOne Well-Known Member

2,460 Messages
    94 Likes Received
    Brian Bosworth hurt his shoulder and had to quit pro Football. Because of that people often tend to think he didn't pan out. In fact he was great at his position in the three years he played in the NFL. One of only few ILB that started in the NFL right out of College.
  3. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

11,259 Messages
    566 Likes Received
    Yawn. Vickers......
  4. hutch1254

hutch1254 Well-Known Member

1,434 Messages
    169 Likes Received
    Dude is Danny Bateman.
  5. Verdict

Verdict Well-Known Member

3,408 Messages
    154 Likes Received
    I think it would improve his "street cred" and endear the Cowboys fan base to him if he did something meaningful to spur on his teammates. Maybe gun down a few opposing players if we fall behind this week. :D
  6. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

19,665 Messages
    764 Likes Received
    Apparently, Superman can't get Carolina to the playoffs either. ;)
  7. tyke1doe

19,665 Messages
    764 Likes Received
    Uh, "great" is a bit overstated. He was okay. But the steroid use caught up with him, and he was no good when he couldn't rely on PEDs.
  8. jjktkk

jjktkk Active Member

1,656 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    Can't remember where I read it, but the Boz had severe arthritis in both shoulders. He needed help just to get a shirt on.
  9. tyke1doe

19,665 Messages
    764 Likes Received
    And some surmise that was caused by the steroids.
  10. lane

lane The Chairman

10,723 Messages
    640 Likes Received

yea..the interview was interesting to say the least.

he's tanked up on something...bath salts, red bull, 5 hour energy, caffeine enemas, roids, meth,herbal tea,,,something.
  11. Big D

Big D Well-Known Member

2,261 Messages
    117 Likes Received
    This.
  12. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,342 Messages
    960 Likes Received

No offense but Bosworth didn't get his *** handed to him by the NFL.

He got his *** handed to him by Bo Jackson who did that to quite a few people during his short career.

Bosworth was actually a pretty darn good player during his short stint in the NFL. I think, though I don't remember anymore, that he was even the Seahawks leading tackler for a couple of his seasons in the league.

His body gave out on him and that's why he had to quit. It wasn't a lack of talent or ability to play pro football.

Now is it possible that his body gave out because of not having steriods? Sure it's possible. Anything is possible. It's also possible that his body simply gave out. I'm no doctor so I have no idea how bad his shoulders were or how that was caused or why.

But to pretend that the guy couldn't play at all and the NFL just spit him out cause he couldn't play is dishonest.
  13. TwentyOne

2,460 Messages
    94 Likes Received
    He was really good. Got a bad rep when he got run over by Bo Jackson in a short GL situation.

And yes the drug abuse was bad but who doesn't use stuff like that in pro sports ? And who is good w/o those kind of enhancing stuff ?

In the end his shoulder couldn't hold up.

I can't help but love those typ of players. Too few these days in the NFL.
  14. blindzebra

blindzebra Well-Known Member

9,385 Messages
    630 Likes Received
    Don't get all the hopped up stuff.

But he does look like Stiffler half way through his Klingon make up.
  15. rickjameschinaclub

rickjameschinaclub Benched

1,222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    one of the greatest posts ever...
  16. DandyDon1722

DandyDon1722 It's been a good 'un, ain't it?

2,304 Messages
    849 Likes Received
    I have to respectfully disagree. He was a complete bust compared to his hype and I actually like him. The best Chuck Knox, his coach could say about him when he retired was "he was really fast to the ball." that's it.

He had a total of 4 sacks in 24 games. He had 0 forced fumbles, 0 INT's and was considered the third best linebacker on the team in the one season he played the entire year according to the SI preview guide.

He was below average as an NFL player but his perception will always be that shoulder injuries did him in. I think the Boz did the Boz in.
  17. TwentyOne

2,460 Messages
    94 Likes Received
    I have to agree. Nice post.
  18. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

9,790 Messages
    5,196 Likes Received
    another loser that some will overrate but most will have forgotten his name within a few months.