Post Week 1 Mock

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboysfan31, Sep 13, 2011.

1. cowboysfan31

cowboysfan31 Active Member

1,292 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Dallas did some good things and some bad things in the first game. There is a long way, and a lot of games between now and the draft but I'm bored so here goes. I think Dallas will end up picking somewhere in the mid 1st.

1. Dre Kirkpatrick CB Alabama- I don't think we will ultimately be able to get him, but right now several scouting services have him in the mid first (20 by Mel, 28 by Scouts Inc so I can dream for now). He has the size to defend the run on the outside and the speed to be able to stick with receivers, if we are able to get him we would be fools not to pull the trigger IMO.

2. Kirk Cousins QB Michigan St- If the Cowboys want to take a QB early, this is who I want. Cousins is accurate, protects the football, and he is a leader on the field with good playing experience. He's not Superman but he knows how to hand the ball off, make smart decisions, and manage the game. With a good defense behind him he can be a successful NFL QB.

3. Devon Still DL Penn St- Big man with a big motor. He is a hard worker in the weight room as well. We have good run defenders on the line, but I think Still would be able to add a pass rush that is currently missing up front. He led Penn St with 10 TFL and 4 sacks last year, and he stands 6'5" 310lbs.

4. Kevin Zeitler OG Wisconsin- Another year, another Wisconsin OL. I could see this being a pipeline for us in the future. Nagy is playing G now, but if we need a C next year I could see him moving inside and another Badger alum coming in to battle for a spot at G.

5. Evan Rodriguez TE/FB Temple- This could be Garrett's dream right here. He is listed at 6'2"-6'3" 250lbs as a TE right now, but I don't think he'll be tall enough to stay there. CBS has him listed as a FB, and if he can block well enough to stick there he would be a perfect fit.

6. George Iloka FS Boise St- Good size for a saftey, and he has alot of starting experience at Boise St. Probably won't be the best timed athlete, but he makes plays and he plays hard. Can't ask for more at this point in the draft. Should start as a special teams ace and develop like Church and McCray have.

7. Hebron Fangupo NT BYU- A mammoth for the middle of the DL appears to be low on the list of priorities again this year, but I continue to hold out hope that one year we will find someone that can control the middle of the LOS. At 6'1" 331lbs Fangupo has the frame for the job, and a cool name to boot. He played sparingly at USC for 2 years before transferring to BYU, could be an intriguing player.

There it is, feel free to comment/ tear it apart.
  2. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Good call on Iloka, I have him on my radar too...